Chapter 26: Going to Church
2.5k 5 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several months after that "event", Feylis has finally gotten along with everyone else in the house. From the maid, to the butlers, to the gardeners, and etc. But most importantly, Feylis has gotten along with big brother really well, where she would seldom ask him for help with her math homework, which were given by Miss Angelica who have become Feylis's tutor as well. All because I am terrible at explaining the numbers to her.

However, it was because of that, Feylis gets to chat often with big brother. So, good on me, for being bad at something!

...

Anyways, a few days before my eighth birthday, the whole family is about to bring me to the church for my baptism. A necessary process in this country, which every child must go through, right before they reach the age of eight.

"Sorry for the wait!"

I run towards the doors of the entrance, where my family is waiting for me, along with a carriage, ready to bring us all to our destination. A big bluish-white ride with the Lodengrimm family crest on the side, possessing more than enough space to fit the five of us: Me, daddy, mummy, big brother, and Feylis.

"Wow, sweetie! You look so cute~!"

"Ehehe, thanks, mummy."

My mother compliments the new clothes I am wearing, a sailor dress and the hat which came along as a set, as well as a new pair of shoes which are kind of tight right now, because it hasn't been worn enough.

"I agree with Evelyn. We need to buy more of these types of clothes for you to wear everyday."

Err... no no no. I'm not going to wear a sailor dress everyday, daddy! Also...

"Why are you bringing a sword with you, daddy?"

I point at the blade on his waist, which is not a wooden sword, nor a spare sword, but it is his main sword which he takes care of personally, everyday.

"Oh this... It's for protection."

Against what!? The church? The Gods? And ain't weapons prohibited in the holy grounds, unless you're a holy knight? So why are you bringing it in the first place, papa!?

Anyways, we enter the carriage where daddy and mummy sits on one side of the car, whereas me, big brother, and Feylis sits on the other side, with Feylis in between big brother and I, so that we can cuddle her tail and pat her head as we ride to the church, which is quite a distance away from the noble district we are at right now.

By the way, Feylis is sooooo cute~! She's like a puppy wanting more cuddles and head pats from us, as she wags her tail and all that.

Ah~ We're not at the church yet, and I'm feeling blessed already...

After a few more fluffs here and there, the carriage stopped, for we have finally reached the entrance of the church in the Saint's district, where statues of the Saint Brave can be seen everywhere.

Also, in the Capital, there are six districts: the noble district where all nobles in the Capital live, including us; the commercial district where I had the leisure to explore before; the residential district where the common folks live; the medical district where most of the doctors and hospitals are, besides the small numbers in the commercial district; the Saint's district where the church resides; and finally, the red light district where... you know...

And in the center of it all, is the palace where the Ferashide Royal Family lives.

So as we exit the carriage one by one, I look out of the window to see the church as a whole.

It is enormous.

"Wow..." was all I could mutter before stepping outside of the carriage.

As we climb up to the top of the many stairs, my greatest enemy, we were greeted by Miss Angelica upon arrival at the top, where I get to see her in a sister's habit for the first time. And let me tell you... *Ahem* She looks damn hella fine in those clothes. You can see her bare, thicc thighs with stockings, because of the clothing's design.

I thank you, Gods, for this wonderful image before me.

"We've been waiting for you, Duke Lodengrimm, Duchess Lodengrimm, Sir Frederick, Lady Mercedes, and Lady Feylis. Please, come this way for Lady Mercedes's baptism ritual. His Holiness is expecting all of you."

His Holiness? You mean grandfather!? Is he the one performing my baptism!?

The thought of that makes me nervous and somewhat excited. I've always wondered who my grandfather is like, ever since I was told that I am his granddaughter. I expected to see him sometime after my baptism, but I did not expect him to be meeting him so soon.

We followed Miss Angelica- I mean, Sister Angelica into the church where the space inside is god damn large. There are six statues of the Gods, each representing the Six Great Races, where long benches are in front of them for people to sit and pray to them. Some are kneeling while praying despite that though. But asides from all that, there are also priests and priestesses walking around the compound, where I can only say two things...

Damn priestesses are thicc! And the priests are fucking handsome!

Are these what the Gods like? If so, then thank you, Gods! For creating this religion.

Amen... or Latom... whatever!

Me and Feylis were told to sit on one of the benches as daddy, mummy, and big brother, follow Sister Angelica to see grandfather, AKA the Pope, first.

As Feylis and I wait and wait...

"Oh no."

"Elder sister...?"

No no no. Not now, body!

"Umm, I'm going to go pick some flowers."

"Flowers? Is there a garden somewhere in this church, Elder sister?"

Oh, you sweet sweet innocent little fox.

Signaling Feylis to come closer, I whisper into her ears.

"It means that I'm going to the bathroom."

"Oh."

Now she understands...

"Then... shall I... go with you, Elder sister...?"

"Hmm? You need to pick flowers as well?"

"Ah, no... I just... I just thought it'd be better if we went together..."

This girl... is blushing. Just what are you thinking of doing in this holy grounds, Feylis?

"Nah, you should stay here. In case everyone came back, so you can inform them of where I am, while I'm gone."

"Oh, ok..."

Feylis's ears and tail drops down, looking somewhat disappointed at the prospect of not able to go with me.

So I pat her head.

"I'll play with your tail when I come back. So keep them fluffy, okay?"

"Y-yes, Elder sister!"

So I head off, looking for the bathroom in this large church, which ended in me asking the staffs for its location, where I have finally found it and did my business.

After relieving myself, however, I find myself in an unknown location of the church, on the way back.

"Umm... where am I...?"

I do not know... There is no one around whom I can ask for directions... And I have never been to this area before...

Which means that, I'm lost. Fuck.

Walking around the compound, I still could not find my way back to the main hall of the church, where Feylis is waiting. She's probably worried right now, as I have not return yet.

God dammit! Why is there no one around!? And why are there no maps to show where I am!?

I need to find my way back quickly. But in my attempts to do that, I find myself even more lost than before, as I am now in a garden of sort.

Gahh!!! Where the fuck am I!?!?

Crap, I don't know what to do...

Should I just wait here, till my family finds me? Or should I try looking for someone to give me the directions I need?

Before I could find an answer to my own questions, I hear the footsteps of someone, rustling on the grass as I feel their presence behind me.

I turn around, only to see a very tall dark skin old man in a priest's clothes, looking very menacing before my eyes. As well as a beautiful dark skin woman with glasses on, looking at me with her sharp eyes.

I'll be honest, I'm somewhat scared of the old priest for some reason. But nonetheless, these two are my saving graces from being lost.

"U-umm, can I ask wher-"

As I was about to ask for directions, the old priest picks me up by the armpits, high above the ground where I could see his purple eyes for the first time, which I couldn't before because of the sun.

The old priest stares at me with a scary looking face, rendering me unable to speak for a moment, until...

"Da fuck is this?"

What? Hold on. Did this old priest just swear!? What!?

"Your Holiness, that is a child you're holding."

"I know that! I'm asking why the fuck does this 'child' looks so much like my precious little Eve, and the man who took her!?"

"How should I know? Try asking the girl, you're holding."

Wait a minute... 'Your Holiness'? And by 'Eve', does he mean Evelyn!? As in, my mother!?

Then, does that mean this old priest is...

"Grandpa...?"

As I mutter that out, the old priest's eyes widen, which revert back to normal as he cracks out a grin.

"Oh. So you're my new granddaughter, whom I have heard so much about. Nice to meet you, sweetie."

Yep, he's my grandfather alright.

Sorry for delay, guys.

Thanks for reading. ?

Hope you like the chapter.

107