Light
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trickling down from above the light caresses my face, the soft and cool feeling seeping below my skin and spread throughout my body. My arms reach up, fingers spread so wide that it feels like the skin will tear, and they grasp at the light above my raised face. Clutching as strongly as I can I pull at the light, like a sheet of fabric I drag down only for it to tear within my grasp. But it does not tear, what I had contorted my fingers around falls away but the light remains the same, unblemished and glorious. Again I reach out, I can feel it within my hands, twined between my fingers like satin, so cool and smooth. Pulling again I watch, my eyes wide, as the light tears away and yet still remains the same. Why? Why does it stay, how does it stay what is keeping it in such perfect form. Almost frantically I reach out again and again and again, tearing away at the light each time. I must be grabbing something, I know I must for I see the light fall down around me with each grasp and tear.

With wild abandon I madly reach out with my hands turning to claws and rip away at the splendour raining down above me. Slowly the torn filaments of light build up around me, until finally it covers my like a funeral mound. My clawed hands reach out again to grasp that light, a light I can no longer see shrouded as I am in the now dull remains of what used to be that light. I reach, stretch, jump even, only to grasp the tattered remains that encase me within their soft embrace. The feeling is gone now, no light shines upon me from above, and slowly it seems my sanity comes back to me.

With what I assume to be clearer eyes now I take a closer look at what shrouds me, torn remnants of clothes. Fragments of metal and some unknown residue, how did I shred at those, the tingle of pain strikes me as my fingers start to throb. A quick glance shows bloodied nails half torn of, gashed fingers with near jade like bone peaking through. Driving through the remains of whatever I was doing before I pitch my eyes around the chamber. Dry stone walls answer back, the cave roof above showing only the small hole from which I was trying to tear apart the light. Gone now as clouds cover the skies that I can see.

A distant clang echoes down to me, yet I still stand in place. What must I do now, how did I even end up here, and worse yet, how do I leave? Shadowy memories flutter about within as I try to recall anything before the light, only to grasp onto nothing. Where was I, why am I here, what was I doing before here? My mind is strangely empty, vague thoughts of this is what I was seeking temporarily alight within my mind before I shake it away. Why would I seek this emptiness of mind, why would I not? Half formed thoughts of schemes, constraints, life’s vagaries drift like clouds within.

I am empty now, gazing once more at the pile of items I had torn through brings nothing to my mind as to why I would rip apart such things with mindless abandon. This place holds nothing for me now, and with a step I walk in the only direction I can see. Empty thought I may be, I have a distant feeling that I will be full again soon, oh so soon, as I feel a crooked smile split along my face.

0