It’s been a whole year
109 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The touch of soft skin makes me want to forget everything and just cuddle him. "My precious", I spoke softly as I pecked him on the head. The light aroma of pheromones filled the room. The sensation was thrilling and my glee was obvious.

People say that time is the best healer but I think that facing the forbidden truth is the best healer for one's feelings especially human beings to trust one another again.

It's been a whole year and I am living with Hyung now. After we sorted our misunderstandings that day in the hotel, Hyung wanted me to quit that job and live with him. It's no like Hyung forced me to quit that job but I was also finding ways by which I could escape that morale degrading job. And somehow, Hyung showed up at the right time. He is my knight in shining armor. It was only because of Hyung that I was able to diminish my fear of trusting alphas and boost my self-confidence. He makes me want to cherish myself. He makes me want to forget all the bad traumatic experiences and face the newly arising challenges with a confident look. Sometimes, I think that he is the cause of my existence as he is the person who mended me by joining the missing pieces of the puzzle that went astray with the course of time.

"You can stare at me all you want but in return, the price for staring will be quite high", he turned towards me while still lying in bed and smirking. He winked at me and stole a quick kiss, making me blush to which I immediately stood up in surprise with embarrassment.

"I see you are still not used to it, lol, as cute as ever", he giggled while yawning and smooching my hand once again.

The first meal in the morning is the only time when we both share our meals together. The happy hours last not so long as the time for work arrives. Even though Hyung insists on staying home but being a CEO of a company demands the presence of an official at least. He is really like a child at times like these but I stay optimistic not to succumb to his demands.

"Come early today, we have to meet the other omega orphans. I will prepare the gifts and other necessary items, so don't worry about that", I spoke as I spread peanut butter on our bread.

Hyung nodded while scrolling through the news feed on his tablet.

"I told you to not do this while eating", I grabbed his phone and put it on voice automation.

"Now, listen to it and eat properly", I frowned while the voice assistant started reading the news aloud and Hyung grinned like a small child after getting candy.

I don't know why people assume something about a person without even knowing anything. As far as I am concerned Hyung's reputation is not as good as other CEOs in the market. Rumors are a major cause of these. No one knows the origins but it started somewhere around 2 years ago when Hyung was spotted with two different Omegas on the same day.

I know I was no different from the others but facing the truth changes everything. In my case, my beliefs changed only after my first encounter with him. Hyung is not at all bothered by those rumors but he doesn't understand that people can take advantage of these things and place Hyung at a disadvantage. Hyung came like an angel in my life and sorted things for me but I want to do the same thing for him too. I want to make him feel special, I also want to make Hyung feel special about himself and not just focus every time on me.

"I will arrive by 6:00 pm today and then we will go visit our children", Hyung told me as he stood up and headed towards the door while putting on his coat.

Yes, he calls those omega orphans our children, Hyung built up some different kind of attachment with those children. One day when I was randomly visiting those children, he asked me if he could tag along. At first, I was not sure if it was a good idea because of  Hyung's reputation around omegas but still,

I wanted those rumors to fade so I brought him along. But who knew that this giant looking Alpha was weak around children. He almost cried while looking at those pale kids without parents. Since then he decided to take full responsibility for that orphanage and my visit became quite frequent as I no longer had to sneak out of my job to meet these kids and now because of certain someone the smiles on their faces returned. I used to visit those kids on weekends but since today one of our kids is finally getting graduated so we decided to throw a surprise party.

"Where is my goodbye kiss? Hmmm!", Hyung bent forward and pointed towards his lips. I placed a small peck on his lips but Hyung pulled me closer and turned the small peck into a smooch.

Finally, he let me go and whispered in my ears, "I love you, my Alex", he then smiled and waited for some time.

I could see the desperation in his eyes as he waited for my reply. But again like the past 365 days, I just nodded to which he reciprocated with a nod too and left.

I stood there gaping at the door where everyday Hyung waits for my reply like a puppy waiting for his owner after work.

Yes, it's been a whole year and he is still waiting for my reply.

To be continued......

 

 

1