When dots become a line
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometimes, simple and happy life has to be fought for to obtain. A childhood where you have been consistently losing in chance-based games like rock-paper-scissors is just a start. Life made me involuntarily participate in various situations and accidents that lead to serious consequences.

.

.

I gained my strength and stood up. I saw Hyung's hand on Kiro's waist and Kiro somewhat groaning in pain. I once again reached my hand towards Kiro so that he can support himself in case he sprained his ankle. But to my surprise, Hyung grabbed him and delicately picked him up while removing his shoes and entered inside before heading towards the sofa.

"I..I'm fine," Kiro answered looking quite baffled. "No, you are not. Bring the first aid from inside Alex," Hyung ordered me without even looking back and paying all attention towards Kiro's feet. My heart throbs as I look for the first aid kit. What is this feeling? I should not be this way since Hyung is kind to every omega. Why did I ever thought that I could be an exception and isn't it for the best? Destiny never alters its path and I was deluding myself by thinking that I could become the protagonist. I trod as I head with the first aid kit in the living room.

"Thank you, Alex," Hyung grabbed the kit and stood up to sit beside Kiro. "I think the cake is done," I head towards the kitchen as the oven starts beeping, completely ignoring my injured friend.

"What am I doing? My best friend is hurt right there? I should be the one consoling him instead of Hyung. But here I am ignoring the truth and hiding like a rat in a sewer. I can't take this anymore. My head is driving me crazy. I betrayed Hyung, I betrayed my best friend." I thought that it would get better with time but things are getting more and more complicated. I hold my head with both hands and as I am about to burst into tears Hyung hugs me from behind. I face Hyung and cry out loud. My tears won't stop and I shiver profusely. "I.. I didn't do it deliberately. I didn't want to hurt him," I repeat these words again and again. Hyung hugs me more tightly and pats my head in order to console me. After some time, I look up and Kiro is sitting there on the sofa with teary eyes and arms spread wide as if indicating me to hug him this instant or else the world will shatter. I shudder at my spot and with wobbly legs, I stood up. I halt there and flashes of past memories gush into my mind as if water flows from the faucet after being repaired.

.

.

I don't know when things went awry. Regardless of the things that I underwent at that time when I was still working at that omega cafe, I was eager to leave that spine-chilling omega cafe. They say if you put your hand in a fire then you become the first to blow up. After experiencing, an infinite chain of unfortunate events, I somehow learned to cope with it. I also became the most desired omega of all time but then when did things start slipping out of my hands. Was it when I wanted to surpass Kiro? In order to surpass him, I lied to Kiro about our shifts. I deliberately changed my virtual sessions with Kiro first and that led to Kiro getting fewer customers. But since he already had a lot of experience, he was promoted to the next level without any hassle and now was ready to serve customers directly.  He soon reached the top position and that was the time when we started spending less time. Once you reach the top 10 you get more freedom. You don't wait for weekends anymore and can take days off as you desire. That was the time I started envying him. I also wanted to be in the limelight but most importantly I wanted his warmth back. I wanted him to notice me like old times. I wanted my savior to hold hands with me and tell me that things are fine. I contemplate if I was being selfish. I didn't want to drag him down but instead, I wanted to reach the same height as him so that we could spend time together like old times. And somehow by undergoing a lot of turmoil, I got what I desired.

But sooner I realized that I was doing all this just to feed my inner fears. Only if I hadn't exchanged my shift with Kiro that day, I would not have been able to meet Hyung? The place beside Hyung is not to be filled by me. It was just a mistake and all these years I have betrayed them both. I snatched him off his happiness. While all these thoughts linger in my head, Hyung's voice becomes audible from behind.

"I fell in love at first sight with the child during my virtual session and destiny chose our encounter in an unexpected way. I don't think that's called betrayal. I think it's called luck by chance and if I had met Kiro that day, Are you sure that I would have halted there and forgotten about you? No, I would have kept looking for my Omega, my most desired omega,  which is you, Alex."

To be continued....

1