Ch 22. Your Grace, those are MY lights
2.8k 22 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First reaction I got after I landed was…

FUJI, WHERE THE F* DID YOU GET THAT?!” Shouted Elina and pointed at my crown.

“I was just wandering around when I found it lying in a swamp.”

BS*. It is the duke’s crown!” (E)

How do you know it, Elina?” I slowly approached her.

‘Bang’

She hit the top of my head.

Don’t you dare try evading the question.” (E)

“Come on, I have such pretty things!” I showed her the jar in hope that she will be distracted.

She paled.

Fuji, my sweet little Fuji. Do you even know what you are holding?” (E)

“Pretty glowing lights?” How am I supposed to know what is there?

God, why did I deserve such a punishment…” Elina was holding her head in desperation.

Meanwhile, I kept on playing with the lights. They are so adorable!

I try to teach them how to follow my finger in a line, in a column…

[YES! They are flying in circles!]

‘Bang’

UUUU!” WHY DID YOU HIT ME AGAIN?

Fuji, you better open that jar.” Elina was as serious as she can get. Even after I kissed her that time she was not THAT angry.

MY PRECIOUS LIGHTS!” I ran away from her as fast as I could. I shall not surrender my pretty lights. They are too fun. And also I already started training them. They are already my pets! This is a violation of my property rights! I will sue her!

While I was throwing a tantrum, Elina and Albert started to pinch me.

I WILL NOT SURRENDER MY LIGHTS!” With this war cry I tried to breach the blockade.

GOT YOU!” Elina was faster.

NO! MY LIGHTS!” I never let them take the jar, even when they both tried to pull it out of my hands. It is a fight of a carrier versus two people. I will be the winner.


In the end they both had to yield. I saved my pretty jar.

“Fuji, I get that you like the lights in the jar but do you know what they are?” (E)

“Yes, they are my pets.”

‘Double facepalm’

Could you please stop being so childish?” (A)

He had only a second to dodge the foxfires. Yet he somehow made it.

Why won't you let them go?” Elina changed her tactics: she is no longer a mother who chastises her child, she is now mother who tries to invoke pity towards the lights.

“Lights, if you want to leave me, fly up to the cap, if not, to the bottom.”

All 4 lights just dived straight to the bottom of the jar. While my actions were just a continuation of my tantrum…

[The lights really understood what I said. And then did what I said to them.]

While I was still dumbfounded about their actions, I looked up towards the other two. They have the same expression as mine.

“Elina, tell me, what the hell just happened?

I… have… no… idea…” (E)

Why did they listen to you?” (E)

Be-be-because they are my pets?” I tried to make an excuse but it sounded more like a question.

As if the lights felt my confusion, they hurried to the fingers I held the jar with.

“Fuji, do you still want to trap them there?” She gently said that while trying to motivate me.

I don’t want them to leave me!” They are too adorable for me. Wanna more pretty stuff!

Fuji, they are fairies.” (E)

“And…?”

“They are sapient, and I doubt that they like being imprisoned in that jar.” (E)

Wait a second, fairies?!” Albert said that and pointed at my jar.

“So, Your Grace, Elina of Caliga. Some insight that you can tell me?

Elina paled and stared at me with wide eyes.

Fu-ji, this is not a funny joke…” Here come the excuses.

You don’t need to worry, m’lady. This-is-ju-st-a-se-cre-t~.”

She was looking into the ground, trying to avoid my gaze.

How?” My dear, it is so simple…

“I was observing you for a long time. Don’t you get it? What is more important, are they really imprisoned there?”

Yes… some people will pay a lot of money to buy a fairy. There is a belief that if you tear off a fairy’s wing, your wish will come true.” (E)

Barbarians… The lights have nothing to do with the wishes.

I was looking at the jar and thinking.

[I like those lights and want them with me… but will they be happy with being trapped there? Should I just let them go?]

I was conflicted. I am very possessive when it comes down to my property. Elina and Albert are already my property but I wonder if the lights also see me as their owner? Will they stay with me if I let them go?

In the end I decided to free them.

The lights flew out of the jar and transformed into 4 little girls, by that little I mean that they are less than 30 cm in height…

And they don’t appear to run away. I made a few steps back but they followed me, the blue one even landed on top of my palm.

“Master, we thank you very much for saving us from that man.” The red fairy said that to me and bowed, all other fairies followed her example.

Me? Even though I was also going to keep you there…?

“You wanted to keep us because you liked us, not because we are fairies!” The green fairy said that to me.

“So, what are you going to do?” I am prepared to take the hit.

“Allow us to serve you, Master!” All fairies were eager to stay with me.

I wondered what they can do but they suddenly glowed and… became quite bigger than they were. They are as high as a 14 years old teenagers.

Okay… what should I do with them? Aside from having an actual harem…

Announcement
I have a patreon now, consider subscribing if you like my novels. Or if you want to pay me to make some drawing for this novel. https://www.patreon.com/AFP_Writer
What should we do with the fairies? Aside from the obvious lechery...
  • Make them our ace pilots! Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Make them the deck crew! Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Make them the maids! Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Make them the maid-pilots. Both maids and pilots! Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Send them away. Votes: 1 2.0%
Total voters: 49 · This poll was closed on Sep 19, 2020 10:06 AM.
61