Ch 41. The land of cherry blossom
1.9k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the maids were setting up my tent I was enjoying the lap pillow. It didn’t last long because soon a couple of girls carried me to my mattress.

After we set up the camp I was expecting that something will show up but nothing happened. It was a good thing because we were able to sleep well and without unnecessary issues.

When I woke up I found myself alone and decided to check outside.

“Good morning, Master!” All maids were standing outside the tent and immediately bowed down.

When I looked around I found that everything but the tent was already packed.

“I didn’t sleep in, right?” It would be embarrassing if they all had to stay there for a few hours and wait just for me.

“No, Master. It appears that the time is 8 of the morning.” Rin immediately answered me and Grace gave me my morning tea. I doubt that they would give me morning tea in the afternoon.

While I sipped the tea they packed the rest and after I was done we were ready to go.

The sky was clear only a few minutes ago but now it is grey. I can tell that it will be my first time ever to use the paper umbrella, which is no doubt will not save me from anything but the sunlight.


Just before the rain started we walked into a grove of trees, that somewhat helped us not to become drenched in the rain.

We were walking deeper into the grove when I saw something. It was not a monster or a beast, it was a small group of trees. The flowering group of cherry trees in the middle of nowhere.

“Let us rest, girls.” I said that to the maids.

We placed our luggage under one of the trees. I summoned the gear and prepared all guns, I don’t want to trouble the poor maids with guarding the place. Their eyes were too shining when they saw the sakura’s pink flowers and petals that I decided to guard them myself while they play around.

Their activities somewhat resembled their personalities. Willow is the most cheerful of the four and she was running around and occasionally dived into piles of petals with childish laughter. Rin and Grace were walking around and picking up the flowers and petals. And sometimes were dropping them on each other’s heads. Benet unlike the rest was casually looking at the trees and in the end she just sat under one of them and closed her eyes.

Even in this grove we soon became somewhat wet and decided to stop fooling around and go forward. To protect ourselves from the rain we spread out the tent and used it as an improvised raincoat for the five of us.


The rain became weaker by the time we walked out of the grove but we were still cold and wet. After we walked away from there a couple of kilometers bad thing happened.

AWOOOO!

The wolves’ cry came out of the grove. Soon the wolves started running out of there.

A black and grey tide of beasts was looking like a flow of a river. I opened fire with all weaponry and started sortieing preparations.

BANG Bang Bang

Gunshots reached their targets almost without issues. Even if they missed their target, they will most likely hit a wolf nearby.

BANG Bang Bang Bang Bang

BOOM

Dual 127mm guns are followed by 12 rifles. Two large explosions and 12 shot beasts.

Even with my improved firepower that was not enough to keep the wolf tide away, they were coming closer and closer.

After two minutes the first dive bombers were in the air, and with each moment more were lining up near the catapults. Rapid sortie techniques helped a lot. So did the rapid deployment at the start of the battle.

Soon the battle started turning in our favor. After the fighters and bombers dropped their bombs, they started raining down machine gun fire while torpedo bombers were reloading for the next attack.

While the planes were not attacking, my guns held the tide at some distance.

AWOOOO!

In the distance I saw a large wolf with white fur. It must be their leader.

After the leader’s arrival the other wolves became more agitated, I began to have trouble holding the tide back. And with every second the situation was becoming worse. I couldn’t waste my time trying to hit the leader.

Fly away!” The fairies started to fly upwards to avoid the wolf swarm. For me their bites were nothing, they only were blocking the flight deck and guns, I will have to switch to a less efficient method…

I sliced the wolves with the naginata. Even with my skills there were too many wolves to miss.

I was swinging the weapon like crazy and was about to gain some ground to open the gunfire again.

BANG BANG

Bang Bang Bang

I gained enough time to sortie the bombers, and target the leader.

The results were predictable.

44