‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 9.
1.7k 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Forestry

The most recent ‘quest’ my companions have found was to gather wood for the guild.

“Oh my, are we going to a forest? Should I go and buy us some supplies?” It would be bad to work with an empty stomach.

“It’s alright, Miss Delight. We already have some food.” The female adventurer appears to be sure that what they have will be sufficient.

While I am doubtful that their food supplies are in any way palatable, I have no way to change their mind. Even if I disagree they have the right to choose their food.

We boarded a carriage and the coachman drove us to the forest where the works will begin.

For an unknown reason, the client wants us to gather only specific types of wood. I wonder if the wood we will gather is to be used as a fuel.

The carriage was unsuspended so the road was very unpleasant, I was even considering to walk. I did not have enough time to look around and enjoy the sights so I plan to use the time we will have in the forest to its full.

At long last we did arrive and the adventurers grabbed the saws and axes and headed to the marked trees.

“Oh my, are these trees not too big for us? Perhaps we should find something less problematic?” I may not be a lumberjack but even I can tell that those trees are way too thick for us.

“The quest says we need to gather the wood from the marked trees, no other options…” Even the adventurers were disheartened.

“Well, you did say that you require to gather the wood, not to cut down the trunks and carry them back…

W-…!

BOOM


The aftermath: the marked trees were blown to pieces by the shockwave and gas, the client had to accept the scrapwood because the quest mentioned ‘wood’, not the trunks. Always specify the result, our dear customer.

33