‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 10.
1.6k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other side

The last quest was somewhat a failure, Delight used her magic to blast the trees into pieces. We can expect less personal quests from the guild.

We sent Delight to buy us some food and water and sat in the room to discuss what we will do.

Our small party of a knight, a mage and a rogue was not the strongest one in the country but at least we were able to take the hard quests. We were always sure that we will be fine. We were always arrogant when it concerned other adventurers because we thought that we are stronger, and that we can easily take on even a dragon. Oh, how wrong we were…

When I encountered a weird noble lady where a dragon was reported, I was surprised. We silently decided to guard her in hopes of having a nice pay for all our help. When we left her in the room and went to the forest, we were expecting that we will soon finish the quest and return. We only encountered a terrifying power that could obliterate an entire goblin town in a few hours.

After that we understood that Delight is much, much stronger than we expected. Our simple desire to have some additional ‘thank you’ money quickly turned into respect and considering her innocent nature we sympathized her. We quickly became friends with her.  And now she became an unofficial member of our party.

“Should we officially invite her to join us? Will she accept it?” The mage was worried about it. We all were fine with the current state of our relations with her but if we want to cooperate with her, we should hurry before the other adventurers recruit her.

We were thinking about it when something happened outside.

BOOM’ in the distance.

Yes, yes, I know. 2 SS in row is nice and everything. I can't write the actual chapters because this week is completely overloaded for me. I will do my best to release at least 1 chapter tomorrow but considering how a glorious thing called 'Army' wants me to give them 1 trillion of papers I might have to concentrate on real life before returning to active writing. Stay tuned!

30