Ch 49. The gods and their answers
1.9k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat down in a japanese styled room. In front of me was Akagi the goddess.

“So, how was your little trip?” She began asking stupid questions.

“Don’t you know that yourself, if you are a goddess you should already know everything, right?”

“You mistake me for the creator gods. I am not among the high gods.” (A)

“Just a small fry?”

“You can think that this is funny but even like that there are few gods who would dare provoking me. You better not to test my patience, kid.” (A)

“So, will you answer, kid?” She continued with the same question.


After I explained what happened she smiled and started laughing.

“You expected that you can just brute force your way? Now I get why you lost~ Ha-ha-ha!” She continued mocking me.

“I wonder if you can explain it to me. You really look like you know more than you tell.”

“Impudent child, don’t you think that after you refused to listen to me I would suddenly tell you everything? Nah, don’t want to.” She waved her hand at me and fell down into the pillows. With her tail she grabbed a grape from a large bowl and started to eat the grapes.

I sat silently and waited until she will be ready to talk again. Akagi soon decided to stop doing this protest and rose from the pillows.

“Something tells me that you just pretend to know a lot but instead you are just bluffing.” Let’s trigger her to tell me everything.

“You think that this Akagi-sama will be tolerating you forever? Akagi-sama should just remind you to whom you are talking.” She created a little blue foxfire on her palm. She blew on it. And instead of a puny spark I saw a torrent of blue fire around me. I can feel the scorching heat coming from my sides. She just split the devastating flame with her finger, and that finger was the only thing that saved me from the death.

“Judging by your expression you understood your place. Shall we continue?” She was uninterested in what happened and just asked. Of course now I have no chance to talk back.

After I nodded the head she continued.

“You don’t get what this fog is, right? As I already said this is an ancient magic and even I have no idea how it works. And I said that there is a way through it.”

She lied on her side and started eating grapes. Instead of answering she waited for my question.

“Fine, how can I do this?”

“Do what?” Is she just fooling around?

“How. Can. I. Get. Through. The. Fog?” Now she should at least answer something.

“You forgot why you are here, that is the only answer you’d require from me.” She gave another ambiguous answer and returned to eating.

Oh, great goddess Akagi-sama, please give this mortal your majestic favor and tell what I should do.” I am done waiting, if you want it so much then here is my plea.

“You think that I just refuse to answer because of mischief? No, this is something you should find yourself, without my help. The fog is a test if one can make the correct decisions.”

[Then I failed to command the fleet like I was supposed to?]

In response Akagi facepalmed and answered.

You are too stupid to even try answering you…” She was already getting tired of this talk and I fear that she will just stop answering anything.

“Go outside and let me think, kid.” She was already tired of the talk and decided to have some time in silence.


I walked out of the house, through the opening between its walls where were the burnt remnants of the front wall. I started wandering around the garden and watching the weird surroundings.

While I had some time I started combing my hair and the tails. The volume of the hair soon was returned to normal and I continued wandering around aimlessly.

After I walked around the garden I decided to head back to the house. What I discovered was very weird.

Akagi was fluffing her sister Yuri. Yuri was lying on Akagi’s lap and rubbing her head against the stomach as if she was a small kitten. I can even see how Yuri wiggles her tails from pleasure.

“Something is wrong, kid?” Akagi raised her head and looked at me. “Did you want to join my sister?

Her question was not part of her mocking, she asked me as if she was my big sister who wanted to spoil me.

Erhm… sorry, I disturbed you.” I decided not to trust myself to her and went back into the garden.

They took some time to cuddle and when they were done Yuri came to me and told to go to Akagi.

“Fine, let’s get back to where we stopped. It is of no use to let you think, you are too slow.” She abstained from beating around the bush and by the looks of it decided to tell me what I should know.

40