Ch 69. Four is a wing
957 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Green flight was fighting against wyverns. The planes were climbing above the monsters and diving again. Each time they dived and fired their guns, another wyvern was falling from the sky.

Even if the fighters were faster and stronger, the monsters were too numerous. It was a desperate fight against the flying swarm.

“Green 2, cover my six! I can’t shake it off!”

“Roger, taking aim!”

Ratatata

The wyvern’s back was covered in splashes of blood and the monster dropped like a rock.

Meanwhile, the second pair was struggling to return to the safe altitude, they were blocked by the beasts and had to use their speed to run away before climbing.

“Hold on, we are coming!” Zeros of the first pair dived after they gained some height.

OH S*! TO OUR FRONT!

The fighters barely avoided a couple of wyverns which tried cutting off their escape route. The longer they were at the low altitude, the more wyverns swarmed to them and blocked them from climbing.

“Green 1, we are low on ammo! When the support will arrive?” One of the fighters asked the leader. Each word was shouted through the machine gun fire.

“Green 3, I already asked for support but I have no idea when the other flights arrive! Just survive, we are coming in!”

Two green zeros dived towards their swarmed friends and fired at every wyvern which dared blocking their escape.

Ratatata

Ratata

“We are making a break for it!” The besieged fighters pulled the control sticks and climbed upwards, almost to the point of stalling.

“Nice to see you safe and sound!”

“The best feeling in the f* world. We will return there in a few minutes, let’s appreciate the clear skies.”


The fighters continued boom-zooming at the wyverns. Their speed and maneuverability were their only armor. Their guns were their only claws. Their comrades were their only hope.

The wyverns were shot down every few seconds but there were too many to see the improvement in the desperate fight.

“Green 1, they tried to attack me! About time we climb back!”

“I am almost done with the attack. One burst and climb.”

“One burst and I’m done!

Crap, they are trying to press us to the ground! Green 2, climbing, now!

The fighters almost had their escape route cut off but their colleagues showed up to clear the way.

Ratatatata

“Nicely done, two down.”

“Two down, two hundred more to go.”

The situation was bad enough to be considered irrecoverable. The wyverns were climbing together with the fighters. While they can’t climb as fast or as high, they were still approaching the fighters’ echelon.

“Soon we will dive not from two kilometers but from two hundred meters above them.”

“Green flight, let’s spend the remaining round to kill some more of them.”

“And then what? Kamikaze attack?”

“We’ll see. Might end up really doing it. ATTACK!”

The fighters dived towards the wyverns and entered their last dogfight.

“Green 4, cover me, I am surrounded!”

“Roger, I will try to aggro them.”

After a few short bursts the machine guns went silent on all fighters. They were only able to keep the wyverns busy here and hope the flight’s deaths will not go to waste.


“Green flight, disengage and return back to the base. Blue and Red flights will keep the monsters entertained.” The new players joined the fun.

We can’t escape, we are in the middle of the swarm!

“Coming in! Blue flight, cover their retreat. Red flight, clear the monsters around them!”

Eight fighters dived into the swarm of wyverns and fired from all their guns. The monsters were caught between the hammer and the anvil. The fresh and fully armed fighters were firing with deadly precision. A few dozens of wyverns were shot down and that was enough to let the Green flight escape.

“We will serve as baits for you. Let’s show them what we are capable of!” Instead of fleeing, the greens dispersed and started baiting the wyverns which were shot down by the covering pairs.

The number of wyverns started to decrease and soon the fight will be over. With the fresh oil and bullets the team ‘Fuji’ was unchallenged victor.


Fuji herself was pleased that her fighters were able to intercept the wyverns which let her save the town. The caravan was approaching the town which was discovered by the second group of scouts.

The town itself was confirmed to be alive and not attacked, yet.

For her, the victory in the air-supremacy fight was assured. She never lost against the wyverns, even when she had just biplanes. The fighters already reported that the fight was about to be finished and that they are hunting the remaining monsters.

It all changed when she saw a large shadow above the fighters. The view she was having from their cockpits disappeared a second later. None of the twelve fighters was available, they all disappeared simultaneously, as if they were disintegrated.

Something bad is coming, and it is close to the town.

24