Ch 74. The beginning of a coalition
932 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The letter mentioned that a large group of troops crossed the kingdom’s border and headed towards an unknown location. The king’s army joined them and it appears that there are many other armies heading to the same place.

Even if we have the information of the army movements I am still wondering if the neighbors came to help the king against me, or because they want to fight with the demons.

“Drake, you are the closest source of information I have. Where the king’s armies are heading?”

“I don’t know if I can tell you. AUCH!” (D)

“Stop fooling around and tell her what you know.” Lily must’ve stepped on his foot to make him tell.

“Fine. The nearby countries are preparing for a conference to decide how to fight the demon threat. Actually, we were sent here to take you with us. What a coincidence.” First he decided to hide the information and now he conveniently remembers that I am also invited.

“We should head out immediately. Your words will be important and Father said that we are to bring you and convince to help the common cause.” Lily was spitting out everything, even if that can hurt the king’s plans.

While I can just head out immediately, I decided to bring all of my assets with me and have additional trump card in the conference.

“I understood, now tell me where the conference will be. I will gather MY army and head there.”

“Yes, give me a map and I’ll mark the location.” Drake made a few notes on the map and I went to the ‘Rogues’.


I took a quick air-taxi to the fortress and gave the orders to send the majority of my army to the meeting location. The fairies also were taken with me. After they turned into the little lights I hid them in the kimono and flew back.

While it looks fast, in reality I spent almost half a day to return to the town where I was based before, and then had to take a horse and gallop after the already-left Elina and somebody else.

There were no issues on the way but I was late enough to have to stay in the forest for a night.

The night promised to be long and problematic. I already heard something and was armed and ready for anything.

When the bushes started moving I opened gunfire. My first shots woke up the maids which had to stay close to me. They lied down around me and covered their ears.

Soon I recognized what was circling around in the shadows, the wolves were trying to hunt but found the hunter. After I realized that those are small fries I unleashed the hurricane of fire. I unloaded armor piercing shots from the 76 and 127 millimeter guns and loaded shrapnel. From there on, the number of wolves began decreasing rapidly.

When I looked down at the maids I saw them buried under the casings. Most of them were the small ones from 25mm guns.

The rest of the night was much calmer and I managed to have some sleep, unlike the still-trembling maids.

The next morning I continued moving to the designated meeting site and by the midday my aerial recon found a large group of tents and military camps. My banners were yet to be seen which was expected.

While I wondered where did the ‘Rogues’ set the camp I found Elina on the outside of this caravanserai. All of our cargo also was outside.

“Why are you outside?” My question was natural in this situation.

“They did not let me in and claimed ‘You are not a representative of any state, get out of here’. How do you like that?” (E)

“One moment.”

I dismounted and walked to the guards which stood on the road.

“I am here to visit this ‘conference’. Move aside.”

“Yeah, right. And who you might be? A wandering w*?” The other guards started laughing and cheering the idiot who said that.

“I give you one chance to apologize, the consequences are yours to suffer.” I threatened them and was ready for a little gunshow.

“F-fine, you can pass. Don’t do anything bad or we will…” The guard shut his mouth after I showed him a foxfire from a few centimeters. The other guards stopped their chatter and became more attentive.

“Who is your leader?”

“Why should we tell you?” One of the guards became cocky.

“I might not kill you if you respond.” I did not start the slaughter and was just threatening them. For now that should be enough to point out my strength.

“The Emperor of Gru. If you have any issues, go and find him. Our liege might even be kind enough so as not to kill you on the spot.” I was hesitating about what should I do. I can either just kill the babbler or discuss the question with this ‘emperor’. Or do the both things.

“Elina, don’t make me wait. You four, when you find a nice spot, set up the camp and wait for me.”

I shall pay a little visit. The servants' guilt is their master's.

23