Ch 76. No offers required
872 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you want to hear?” I decided to probe what the gods think.

You are a side in the mortals’ conflict. The humanity is going to fight the demons, the demons fight the humanity. Will you support either side? Will you keep neutrality? Will you be fighting them both? We have no idea what Akagi wants, so we ask you, to know what we should expect.” (A)

“I have no idea why this conflict even began, for now I am only observing.”

Fuji, do you think the demons are guilty? Or that they are victims?” Shrea asked me a question about the demons but I doubt she really expects any answer.

“I have no idea so I’ll keep silence. Will you tell me something about it?”

No. We don’t want to interfere.” (A)

“So, you are saying that you don’t care if I will slaughter both sides?” When I dropped the bomb, they both twitched and glared at me. I remembered the warning Akagi gave me.

“You are not going to interfere, so I am asking if you are not going to try siding me with someone.” They calmed down after I corrected my words.

As long as you don’t exterminate our wards or forbid them from praying to us, we have no issues with whatever you choose.” I wondered if they say it because they really don’t care or because they are scared of the crazy goddess.

“I heard your terms, can I go?”

Yes, farewell.” (A)

I hope we will continue our cooperation, vicar.” (S)

With this both of them disappeared.

I washed my face in the pond and headed back to the camp. I was going to begin the political actions and talk to the rulers and representatives who gathered to fight the demons.


While I was walking I heard something approaching. Soon, in front of me appeared three figures.

Two of them were red-skinned with short horns on their heads and their leader was grey-skinned with long and polished horns. Even if I never saw this world’s demons, I can guess who they are.

“Fight or talk?” I tilted my head to wait for their response.

We. Talk. Divine.” The red demons responded and stepped back.

“Who are you? Don’t waste my time for any nonsense.” I asked the grey demon and pretended to be uninterested.

I am general of the demon king’s army. My name should not concern you, divine. I am here to deliver my master’s offer.” (G)

“The demon king wants to offer me an alliance? How interesting.” I was already expecting when this will happen.

You are not exactly right. The King offers you to keep neutrality in exchange for the human slaves.” (G)

“Ha-ha-ha! Nice joke! Why should I be concerned with slaves?” This was both amusing and unexpected.

Would you not need any servants?” The general was surprised by my response.

“This is obvious that I have no desire for them. What else can you offer?”

The King will be glad to discuss what we can offer to you. Can you tell me, what is your response about our offer? Did it interest you?” (G)

“Why should I be interested? Why should I even be concerned to respond? Why not just do whatever I want? I have no need to concern myself with the demons’ issues when I can just fight you.” The more I said the paler General was.

We are not the guilty ones! The humans conquered our lands! We want to save our own kind! If you can, please, let us sort it out between both of our races!” (G)

“And what will you do after you win?”

We will… erhm… we will exile the humans from our lands.” The general’s words were haste.

“I can only promise that I will think about it, no need to search for me.” I walked away and left the demons to their own thoughts.


By the time I returned to the conference the sun already set.

The soldiers from all the armies gathered here were eating, resting or doing whatever else they did after the service. I think if I look around I might even find a brothel. Not necessary for me but it would still be interesting to know.

When I was approaching the location of my camp, I was grabbed and taken to the side.

I looked at the one who did it and I recognized that it was Lily.

What do you need?” I was impatient and irritated, and with every passing moment I was more and more irritated by being taken away from my well-deserved fluffing.

“Miss Fuji, can we talk somewhere, without ANY ears?” (L)

“Sorry, I can’t cut off mine. I will have to only cut yours.”

“I mean without anyone to eavesdrop. It is important.” (L)

Whatever you say is important, so important that I even have to listen to it without going away. Why should I care about what is important for you?”

“I can offer you something that can tip the balance to any side you want, should I continue?” While her words were somewhat interesting, I still was not convinced she is not just bs*ing me.

“Visit my tent in the midnight. No second chances.” I decided to let her try convincing me but held no expectations for anything but the already heard begging for help.

20