‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 19.
765 10 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Plates and belt

The final fight is approaching and one of my companions, the warrior, managed to squeeze into the final. If I win this one, I shall be his opponent.

For now I walked out to the arena and prepared to fight against my last obstacle. The today’s opponent is a knight in a full suit of plate armor and armed with a longsword. I slowly walked towards the starting point and turned towards him.

Start the fight!

I bolted at him and prepared to take out the stiletto.

When I was within the strike range I flashed the stiletto at him. He rushed to parry with his sword but I am much faster.

Ping

He did not parry but instead attacked me while I am close. My stiletto did not pierce his armor although I my speed and mass should be enough to break through any steel armor. The longsword also did not penetrate my armored belt.

We both jumped back and looked at each other in disbelief.

“Your cloth is as strong as my armor. Impressive.” He spoke first.

“Impressive indeed, your armor is not as simple as I thought. Forgive my inadvertence.

We both stood in a stance and waited who will make the mistake first.

I ran away from him which shocked the spectators who did not expect such behavior.

When I ran to the very edge of the arena I turned around.

My opponent did not change his stance and waited for my move. If I can’t pierce, then we both shall have no way to hurt each other.

I ran at him and accelerated to the maximum speed.

I rammed him with a stiletto at 34 knots.

We both fell down as a lump. I looked down at the point of impact.

There was blood.

You… won…’ He fainted.

15