‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 21.
797 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Commerce protection

My victory in the tournament was a pleasure. Although I was expecting some stronger opposition, this was still an interesting experience. Also, I will have some kind of a reward for this. To get the reward I will have to travel to this country’s capital.

While I was fine with walking all the way there, my companions were not so eager to exercise. Their desire to travel with comfort is understandable so I had to accept their decision to travel together with a caravan. Luckily, in their ‘guild’ there was a task to escort a caravan to the capital.

“Miss Delight, please, for the love of God, do not fire in the middle of the caravan.” We gathered to discuss the plan and from the doorstep I had to follow more and more regulations.

I was forbidden from firing my main guns, from launching the hydroplanes, I even had to promise not to participate while I am near the caravan.

When the caravan moved out to the capital I followed it in the rear. The further we moved the more I was concerned with the caravan’s security. We have no destroyers and no air patrols. If an enemy aircraft attacks, we will be defenseless.

The attack was from the surface.

Half way to the capital we were attacked by some kind of a beast. By the time the information about the attack reached me, this animal already managed to tear apart a few carriages. The warriors from the escort were unable to hold back the attacker.

It was my time to shine. Because I was not near the caravan I was not restricted by anything.

Port side 4 inch guns were aimed at the beast the moment I found myself far enough from the caravan.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Whatever remains of the beast shall be cooked tonight…

14