Ch 86. Sibling rivalry
777 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It did not take much of my time to reach the prince’s supposed route. The main issue I encountered is that the lag between my scouting planes finding the prince’s group and me arriving there is too large. What I have to do is to make sure I both can find them fast and that I will be able to arrive there fast enough.

I decided to perform a rapid aerial attack to immobilize the group and while they can’t run away the main force will rapidly attack. I let Willow be the scout. My choice of using jet plane is caused by the Fury’s faster speed which should also decrease the lag between my attack and the enemy’s movement.


“What should I do, Master?” I was instructing my own tails, because Willow digs in the moment I stop walking.

“Your task is to discover the location of the enemy, you should avoid detection so be careful. When you find them, just return before you are spotted.”

“Yes, I understand. Tell me when I should go.” She responded and returned to her playing.

“Does she bother you?” Grace was both jealous and concerned, by concerned I mean that she concerned if Willow is going to forget the task.

“No, you can join her, I will just make the parody of a princess work in your stead.” I invited my second maid to have some fun. It won’t hurt me if she joins.

“I shouldn’t, Master. If I won’t be able to fulfill my duties then why am I even here?” (G)


The army marched for one hour until I decided to find the location of prince’s group.

Following my scheme I launched jet fighter. First few kilometers of the way were empty so I ordered forced march to decrease the range between my army and the enemy.

When the enemy force was discovered I estimated the distance between them and me to be 10 kilometers at most. The enemy had a few hundred soldiers and a lot of carriages. The army will catch up in one or two hours but I needed to slow the enemy down.

I prepared the ‘Brave New World’ airstrike and above me materialized four flights of Kikka jets with 500 kg bombs. They dived at the enemy column and hit almost all of the carriages which stopped the enemy from moving forward. The prince’s forces had to regroup into combat formations and prepare to meet me.

During the time my own force was approaching, the enemy set up some basic positions which meant that they will fight. Both armies were mostly standing behind their vanguards because there is not too much space for large forces. The difference was that my army has my own power which can be considered supreme in this world.

I stepped forward and summoned the gear. I fired ranging shots but did not continue. I waited if Drake will come to me by himself.

A minute later he indeed showed up, with a sword and armor. He was not coming here to talk but to fight. I called out to Lily, if she can help avoid the fight it will be better. Of course, she was close enough to arrive fast.

The siblings stared at each other for some time before they started talking.

“Brother, you should surrender. If you want to save our Father’s country then you should just step aside.” (L)

“Sister, you perfectly know that what you are proposing is just selling our Father’s country to this fox. While I hoped she will be a friend, now I know that this is not going to work like that.” (D)

“You are going to sink the land in blood, this can be avoided so why are you so stubborn? She did not order you to fight but to let her be the leader for the humanity!” (L)

“And you are sure she will just stop there? She will do anything she wants and then we all will suffer for her amusement!” (D)

Their debate was making my head hurt. I did not interfere in their own relations so they kept on arguing.

I will not let you sell our lands!” (D)

I will not let you kill our people!” (L)

With this they ran at each other and started fighting, with swords.

Mage is not as good as melee warrior so Lily was on the losing side. I don’t know how but soon she managed to break the distance and used magic to attack her brother.

Her magic missed but she kept on shooting magic projectiles. Few of them hit but even that much was enough to hurt Drake. He was getting tired and soon he realized the futility of the fight. After a few more hits he dropped the sword and raised his hands.

In the evening Lily entered the capital and a few days later she was crowned as the new queen. Drake was sentenced to be put under house arrest until I decide what to do with him.

Soon I returned to my palace and from there I started making war plans for destruction of both the demons and the coalition of human nations.

15