Ch 91. Final moments before the storm
676 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The demon army was slowly progressing through my territory. I have a number of reasons to be concerned which is why I prepared for a tough fight. There was a shortage of troops because I sent most of them to advance into the human-controlled territory and in the area around my palace I have only two battered regiments and my air force.

I made sure that I can summon the gear at any given time, that Grace and Willow can be thrown into combat and that there is a group of soldiers that are coming here to assist.

For the past weeks my maids have trained to perform CAS. They had mastered the flight on piston aircraft and trained on jets afterwards. I am yet to test how good they learned the lessons of combat operations. Their greatest achievement is scouting but they are yet to fire at anything but wooden dummies.

The demons will attack during nighttime. With the approach of sunset the preparations were finalizing. There were spikes and pike stands to hold back the enemies, there were high ground positions to shoot at the demons from above the melee troops, and there were aircraft lined up near the catapults. The planes have their wings folded and the engines are cool but all boards are fueled and ready for take off. In case something goes Pearl, there is a flight of interceptors which are already hooked to the catapults and have everything but the engines prepared, they can be shot into the fight within two minutes.

I too was preparing for the fight. I sipped tea from a cup which Grace held in front of my mouth. My hands are busy with sharpening the naginata. I plan to participate in the massacre not only with my firepower but also with my foxfires. I checked the stats to make sure that I have everything ready for the H-hour.

Ding

You received 15 silver coins, 5 steam catapults (Common), 3 weapon points, 37 upgrade points, 9 arresting wires (Common), 2 steam catapults (Elite), 2 steam catapults (Rare), 3 steam catapults (Epic) – Can be used to upgrade, 2 arresting wires (Epic) – Can be used to upgrade

[Just sell this c*, just sell it. Sell it as far away from me as it’s possible. Just please, sell it! The gatcha is so unfair…]


IJN Fuji – CV. Level 7/7 (Upgrade cap 100)

FP – 55

AA – 32

AV – 100

RD – 100

AC – 100

Flight deck - Improved armor Ready
Steam catapults

1 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

2 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

3 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

4 - Installed (Epic - Grade 1)

Arresting wires Installed - Epic (Grade 5)
Rapid deployment. Lvl 8. Tenacity and bravery. Lvl 7. Brave new world. Lvl 10.
Starts battle with 40% aircraft in air. Every 30s shows your pathetic firepower: 35% bonus to FP and AA. On activation: launches special airstrike of FJ-3 and Wyvern. Can be activated every 1 hour.

As the attack approached I made the final check. I checked the defense force and was satisfied. The soldiers took their positions and the demons should have a hard time getting through the screen. No one needed a motivation as most of the troops saw what the demons did with their own eyes.

When I saw a few magic spells shot from the forest I started up the war machine I put on a stand by and the carrier turned into a noise generator. The aircraft were launched and while the main attack group was circling above the sea like vultures, a couple of flights went to bomb the magic shield the demons created.

Before I bombed it, I ordered the bombers to gun the shield to test it. The shield was not there.

[I guess the demons wanted to cast the shield after I bomb the non-existent space with the cluster bombs but my testing wrecked their plans.]

The moment I saw that the shield is down… Of course I did not wait until the armada is formed, I just sent in whatever planes were airborne and then added the rest.

The dive bombers dropped their bombs in an abrupt pull up and after they were done I used the super skill to turn my interceptors into jets.

First bombs from the dive bombers broke the enemy formation and that decreased the efficiency of fighters. They could not drop their bombs at the dispersed enemy and had to begin firing their guns before bombing. The performance of the torpedo bombers also was mediocre so after they dropped the bombs I sent them to provide CAS.

Unlike my expectations, the demon army began to consolidate into a tight formation. It was the moment I decided to use the Brave New World airstrike. The majority of aircraft were turboprop planes.

The Wyverns have almost twice the bomb load of the piston bombers so after the single flight of dive bombers dropped their cargo right in the middle of the enemy army the result was evident. Whatever was alive soon regretted their choice to survive and not to die. The torpedo Wyverns had rockets under their wings and they did not hesitate to launch them at the ground targets.

It was a hell for the demons. I wonder if the term ‘hell’ is something positive for them, if it is then I am actually a good person who helps them have the best vacation in their life.

13