Ch 92. One fox army
660 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The successful beginning of the fight granted me an opportunity to force the enemy to make mistakes. The demons lost a lot of their large monsters and will have to use infantry during their assault. I bet they planned to just stomp at my defense with their large monsters and then send in the infantry to kill whatever is left.

While my planes were returning to resupply, the demons rushed towards the castle. The moment they were within the gun range I opened fire.

BANG BANG

After the enemy lost a lot of their force and commanders they stopped being a military unit. The demon army was no longer a disciplined unit but a horde which could only run in a general direction of its target. Fueled by their rage and fear the demons turned into animals, they were controlled not by a reasoning but by their instincts.

The second air strike arrived when the demon infantry was close to reaching the 3 inch guns range.

The jets were in the vanguard of the armada. They cleared the final pockets of resistance and gutted the last wyverns. From that moment my aircraft had the undisputable air superiority and had no need to be concerned with ground threats. After the air superiority was secured the jets proceeded to bomb the few remaining monsters that could breach the defense.

My interceptors joined the jet fighters to strafe the enemy from low altitude. I ordered my aircraft to herd the enemy into a large group with a very specific purpose. With their guns the aircraft made the enemy consolidate and the torpedo bombers did their best to leave no survivors.

Only a pitiful remnant of the demon army managed to reach the palace. Now that their numbers are smaller I decided to greet them myself.


Bu-bu-bu-bum Bang BANG

I summoned my gear and began mowing the enemy with fire. Hail of AA guns’ fire joined the volleys of my heavier artillery. To spice things up I casted foxfires at the demons, I used the most powerful of them. After I fired the foxfires they slowly flew at the demons and when they hit they exploded better than any shell from my main guns. A pity that my guns output much more explosive power than the foxfires.

As the demons approached closer I realized that even after all of my preliminary attacks there were too many of them to handle by myself. Of course my pride will not let me retreat so I decided to meet them head on.

When horned and pig-faced ‘soldiers’ approached close enough I began swinging the naginata. I focused on the most important aspect of my martial arts – not tripping over.

I was doing more or less fine, I did not lose my balance or fall. As long as I was standing on my two I was invincible for the demons. Even with their inhuman strength they were unable to damage me or break through my armor while my own strength is enough to cut them in two with little effort.

The longer the fight kept on going, the more bodies were getting in the way of my legs. I almost fell down but barely kept balance. To stop the enemy from approaching I used foxfire to surround myself with flames and fired AA guns which are a good way to get rid of small fries around me.

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bum

In the end I launched a couple of fighters at least to find out how many there are left. It was hard to swing the pole and count at the same time while avoiding enemy attacks so I failed to count them at all, there are a lot of them and that is all I know.

I was surrounded from all sides and while they have no way to escape me, I had no way to escape them. The allied infantry was too far away to assist me and they would be just dead if they leave the walls and barricades.

With the steady hysterical swinging and cleansing foxfires I was reducing the enemy quantities and the end was already visible from above.

It took a lot of time but because I did everything slowly I finished the clean up quite fast. For my combat style it is better to be slow and not to trip every few seconds.

When the morning arrived to the former battlefield the sun lit bodies of demons on the way to the cliff where my palace is. My previous reconnaissance of demon armies showed that they rarely exceeded 3000 enemies so this time it should’ve been their main fighting force. If it is true than my counteroffensive should prove fruitful and end the war on the enemy soil.

After my late coming reinforcements arrived I ordered to march to the demon territory.

What the great general should do with the demon prisoners?
  • Why would she need human slaves? They are to be pitied, unlike the demons. Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Just release the demons after the war is over. Votes: 3 33.3%
Total voters: 9 · This poll was closed on Nov 8, 2020 12:00 PM.
13