‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 24.
645 9 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exciting discovery

[This is not good.]

“What is wrong?” My companions were disturbed by my sudden change of behavior.

Could you please give me some water?” I need water yesterday!

R-right! How much do you need?” The prince was generous enough to offer me water.

“I need 300...”

“300 milliliters?” He did not let me finish.

“No, 300 tons.”

WHAT?! WHY DO YOU NEED THAT MUCH?!

I deployed the guns and from the X turret surged a smoke.

Erhm… if I won’t flood the smoking turret then I will have a flash fire…”

And that means…?

“Kaboom.” I won’t die from just that but I am sure to be towed for a long repair…

For a few moments my companions have looked at each other in perplexity. Thus I reminded them of the current situation.

“We have only a couple of minutes to flood the X turret, otherwise…” I outlined the explosion radius with my hand and covered the entire square, only then they stopped staring and began moving.

“To the port, NOW!” The knight grabbed my hand and dragged me somewhere. If it is indeed a port I will have enough water to flood the turre…

Fshhh

From the second barrel came a thick smoke. The flash fire begins.

“We have no time for that, a minute at most.” I reported the new circumstances while I did all of the procedures for the ‘X’ emergency.

“We are running out of time! There is a fountain near the palace!” The prince was now the one who dragged me somewhere.

When I saw a large fountain with a lot of water I was relieved.

By the time I stepped into the fountain and began flooding the turret barbette, the smoke already turned into a jet of flame coming out of the second gun. I took in almost all of the water in that fountain but the disaster was avoided.

We all sighed out in relief.

“Sorry, I will warn you if something like that will happen again.”

Please do, Miss Delight.

10