Ch 93. Let’s end this war by Christmas
658 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Military campaign was going smoothly ever since I defeated the demon army. After I cleaned up the treacherous elements in my own camp, the human coalition faced a constant offensive from my side because there was no need to keep regiments in the rear.

I was considering both an offensive to conquer the demons once and for all, and sending the forces to subjugate the remnants of the coalition before sending everything against the demons. My military council of Lily and Elina helps me decide what I will do. Well, they try to.

“The war already drained the majority of human recruiting capabilities. If you want to attack the demons then we will only stretch our resources and compromise the frontline against the rebelling rulers.” Lily was trying to convince me to postpone finishing the demon war.

“Yes, right. Your Majesty, do you really think that if we let the demons regroup and attack again then everything will be going smoothly? While they are kicked in the b* we should send an army to end them on their own soil.” Elina had a point as well and thus I was the one whose voice will make them both shut up and obey. I love my position so much.

“We have no forces! Even if Lady Fuji joins an army, there is no way we can win the war there! We must not risk her health!” (L)

“You know her for a couple of months! I know her so much better and I am sure she will win. Not to mention that she already has a plan to go beat the demons.” I wonder where from she knows about that. I thought that Grace will not tell anyone about my plans.

“At least I have an experience as the kingdom’s princess! I was taught the military tactics and stewardship! Can you say the same, my dear Duchess?” Their arguing was slowly turning into children arguing about which cartoon character is better.

[It is time to stop them.]

“You became queen because Fuji made you one!” (E)

‘BANG’

“!” They both were startled when I hit the table with my little fist.

“Lily-chan, go stand in that corner, Elina-chan, you stand in the other corner.” I will take over mother’s role from Elina, otherwise the problem will not solve itself.

“Fuji, do you think it is fine to just…!” (E)

You want to tell me something?” I looked at her with frightening look. That was enough to prevent any objections. I do love my position.


After I realized that the children will not help me in any way I just decided to follow my original plan and sent an army towards the demon territory. I will use the army to walk into the demon capital, punch demon king in his face and victoriously return home. The campaign will be over by Christmas.

We walked into a forest right on the border of the demon country. The army was constantly marching and thus I was constantly riding Elina’s shoulders.

“Will we be fighting?” She asked me out of blue.

“I doubt that we two will be on the frontlines, even if we encounter some resistance I will just send my planes. Meanwhile, you can be fluffing my tails.”

“You are becoming lazier with each passing day.” (E)

Of course I am. I fought in melee an entire week ago.” I might be riding her shoulders but damn it, I am this army’s main fighting force. It is only natural for me to be fresh and happy. Not to mention that I like being carried around.

“Why are you so toxic? I only want to keep you fit.” Mommy was weirdly patient today, not that I am against that.

“I am tired and have to be constantly on my toes. I did not want to be rude.”

“If you say so, little fox.” (E)

Urgent news for the commander!” Our talk was interrupted by a soldier.

“Your Divinity, there is a disturbing discovery up ahead.” After the soldier reported I patted Elina’s shoulder to put me down.

I walked to the head of the column and saw what the soldiers discovered.

There are two bodies, of a man and a woman. Both bodies were flayed and dismembered. Their limbs are placed above the torsos like a woodpile. In the flesh I can even see maggots. The sight is disgusting and after I’m done examining the bodies and the surroundings I’ll order the soldiers to dig a pit where I’ll burn the remnants. At least I can let the two of them rest in peace.

What to do with the demon lands?
  • Sign a peace and keep them away from the human lands. Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Conquer everything. Votes: 10 83.3%
Total voters: 12 · This poll was closed on Nov 10, 2020 02:40 PM.
13