‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 25.
695 25 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Battlecruiser in a harbor

I was curious what the local port looked like. I had to spend some time convincing them that everything is fine and I would not do anything bad.

When we walked closer to the port I was surprised. The port’s waterfront is completely made of stone but the piers and the berths are made of wood with iron parts. The ships here remind me of the medieval sail ships. While I see no cannons on military ships on the roadstead I think this port has more than enough naval power to be considered the pride of this nation.

“What are you thinking about?” My companions returned me back to the reality.

“There are nice ships that remind me of the glorious past. Such a nostalgic feeling.”

“Well, these are the newest of our ships and for you they are old…” The prince was disheartened by my response but I can’t say I am wrong here.

“Oh my, one of them is heading here~!” I saw how one of the ships set course towards the harbor and the sailors started oaring.

The ship was gracefully navigating between the merchant ships which were entering and leaving the port. When the ship was past the anchorage it rang its bells.

DING-DING-DING

The sailors were standing on the ship’s bow and seemingly saluted.

I deployed the artillery and raised a secondary gun.

Wait a moment! You promised not to do anything like that!” For an unknown reason the others were startled.

“I am but saluting the fellow military personnel.” I dismissed their concerns to fire two shots. While I could do a full 21 shot barrage, for the locals it would look more like a doomsday.

BANG BANG

11