Ch 99. The final victory
692 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“WAIT A MOMENT!” I knew she might do something like that but I never expected she will just say no without giving me any chances.

“Akagi-sama does whatever she wants, and now I don’t want to help you resurrect this thing.” She said it as if it was obvious.

Will it hurt you to just save her? Is it so hard?

‘SMACK’

“Watch your tone.” (A)

“I never begged you for anything! Why are you refusing?” I prostrated.

Let me think… about how many times you already did.” She hinted that I already asked her a couple of times.

“Is it such a huge problem? Are there any super spells involved? Are you required to spend a ton of divine power?” I do not understand why she refuses.

“I already said why.” [I just love such answers.]

“I know you love them, you constantly use them.” She mocked me back.

“Please!” Now I have all the reasons to be desperate.

“I can give you a book ‘How to properly bury a fairy’. Do you need?” (A)

I tried puppy-eyeing her, I tried acting seductive, I was ready to just let her do whatever she wants to me. I remember she wanted to do something.

“If you are done, I am returning.” (A)

Just one last request!

Hmm…

“…”

“…”

“…”

“No.” With this she disappeared.

I released the fairies and together we dug out a small grave. I was not crying, I was too angry for that. If you can’t fight back the gods then hit whatever is within your reach. In my case it is the demon king.

I took a quick taxi back but at the place of the demon king’s palace I saw a crater. When I returned to the army fort I saw that all of the people there are in confusion and shock.


Right after I landed Elina approached me and hit the top of my head.

Was it actually necessary?” She was beyond the boiling point.

I DID NOTHING!” I wanted to just release some steam but I accidentally shouted.

What do you mean? I clearly saw something impossible happening and you are the one who keeps doing crazy stuff.” She was confused.

“Can you tell what happened while we were gone?”

“Judging by your reaction it really wasn’t you. Strange… Ah, yes, first there was a huge explosion in the direction you went. Second, there was a woman in black robe who delivered us a letter, I did not open the envelope. Third, what is the strange tune we heard?” (E)

“The first and the third are connected, don’t ask anything, please. The second one you can hand over.”

The contents of the letter are simple: the gods (both of the locals) say that the war with the demons is over and that as long as I don’t touch their land the demons will not attack humanity anymore.

With this I finally diverted my war effort at the human coalition.

I was not able to avenge Rin by killing the demon king but I might be able to find who was responsible for her death. I doubt that the demons were the ones who did it so I will search through the human lands.

Now that I was not bound by having to fight on many fronts I only needed to make the rest of the humankind accept me as their supreme ruler. I was slowly searching for the responsible for Rin’s death but I also have to live on.

The next months were rather peaceful for me. I had several voyages to the frontlines but mostly I was ordering around like an armchair commander. The rulers who were more or less saved from the demon threat rightfully acknowledged my role in saving them and thus I quickly was expanding my influence all over the known world. After the coalition recognized the futility of its struggle the rulers accepted their loss and soon I became the ruler of the entire continent.


I walk through the marble halls of my palace. Here and there are servants and guests who arrived to the capital of this world – the Celestial palace where I reside. Soon I walk into the largest hall of the palace and approach my throne. Near the throne under a flowery arch stand Elina and Kasumi.

“I never thought I will end up here, especially under such circumstances.” Elina chuckled and stood to my right.

“I never think Kakka and Kasumi. Bliss.” Kasumi made a great progress in her language studies, she stood to my left.

We three approached a priest of Light who dared coming after my unusual request.

“In the name of our Lord and for the peace and prosperity of the world I declare Elina and Kasumi married to Lady Fuji. Go in peace with the Light in your hearts.”

We three are married!

One chapter away from ending Fuji's storyline. Choosing the next story.
  • HMS Delight - Battlecruiser - Ojou-sama Votes: 8 57.1%
  • IJN Kuronami - Destroyer Leader - Kuudere - Cat-kin Votes: 6 42.9%
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Nov 25, 2020 03:42 PM.
11