‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 27.
615 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A contingency plan

Somewhere in the royal palace.

A small room where gathered the highest ranked officials of the empire. Every single person here was nervous. The past week the ‘problem’ resulted in loss of an entire fleet. Two days ago a fishermen flotilla did not return home. Today the empire expects that the ‘problem’ will approach the capital.

“Alright, gentlemen. We need to find a way how to deal with the ‘problem’. Your suggestions?” The king opened the meeting.

“We have no ships to spare, even if we try to evacuate the entire city the ‘problem’ will not be solved.”

“We have absolutely no way to deal with the ‘problem’, the mage guild could not find any single spell that can solve the ‘problem’.”

“The army can’t reach the ‘problem’, we are of no help here.”

Anyone? We need ideas now more than ever.” The king was desperate.

“Even our best archpriests were not able to attract divine power to solve the ‘problem’.”

“There are no people who were able to solve the ‘problem’ before. We are certainly out of options.”

Was there anyone who could solve it? You read all archives of the world and yet you found nothing?!” The king shouted at his archivist.

“There are many mentions of the ‘problem’ yet nobody written that they at least avoided it.” The archivist was invited here to give some insight into the ‘problem’, yet even all of the archives he search through did not have anything. The situation was as desperate as it was before.

Knock

Come in.” The king let whoever came enter. This secret meeting already exhausted itself.

“Might I be of assistance, my good sir?”

10