‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 29.
664 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Requiem of Fire

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The creature’s shell is super thick, it’s surely thicker than my own deck. I fired many salvos yet no penetrations were confirmed.

As my target slowly creeped closer I had less and less time to shell it. While it would be fine if it approached to increase my chances of penetrating its armor… I had to consider many things: my accuracy, armor penetration, and the most important – my ammo stowage. For now it is enough but I can’t just fire all the time. [No, keep firing!]

BOOM BOOM

No penetration. Right when I thought it is a good time to stop firing until the crab gets closer I remembered that it is not an enemy battleship but an animal. I doubt that HE will be enough to make it feel uncomfortable but considering the explosive power of my ‘special’ shells might be worth it. I finally decided to give it a try.

Without accidents the highly unstable lyddite shells were loaded. I fired them and crossed my fingers.

The God favored me and all 8 lyddite shells hit the crab and exploded. When the smoke settled I saw burn marks on the creature’s shell. It was not penetrated but I can almost feel its pain.

While it was a success I did not dare gambling again, if ‘special’ ammo explodes I will not be capable to continue firing. I stopped firing to let the monster approach.

“Miss Delight! Did you finally kill it!?” When I turned towards the voice, I saw the prince. He was smiling with relief.

“No, I can’t break through its armor. I will let it approach closer to try firing right into its face.” The prince was dumbfounded and soon began panicking.


Target is 17 000 meters away from the capital.

7