Volume 2, Ch 1. Warming up the boilers
1.2k 20 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ok, I am ready.” One day I notified the God that I am ready to try something new.

“Great, now close your eyes.” I did as he ordered. I felt chilly and then I lost my consciousness.

Announcement
I strongly recommend you to read the prologue 1 and 2 if you did not.

What greeted me was that God.

“You did a good job, kid. To fight against a wolf with your bare hands. Commendable achievement for a little girl.”

“It is time?”

“Yes.”

I was exhausted. I said farewell to the memories of my life, of my friends and parents and prepared myself for the inevitable.

“You can decide what kind of ship you will become.”

Have I misheard him?

To choose what kind of ship I am going to be?

I feel déjà vu.

Never mind that, I already know what I want.

“I want to be a huge warship with big guns!”

“Understood, kid. If you will find that your choice is too much for you, I might change your ship.”

“I doubt it will be necessary.”

“Farewell. Don`t die again.”

[Yeah, I will do my best to avoid such pleasure…]


I opened my eyes in a forest, might be the same one where I died. I stood up and almost fell immediately. I heard that there might be changes in balance but I’d never thought that they can be to such an extent.

I checked myself out and oh god, I am hot. I have a slender body with thin waist and gentle arms. I have silky baby skin and the most important feature, which already made me unstable, is of a nice size. Not on the largest side but surely above average. My hair also did not disappoint. Platinum blonde tied in braid and long enough to touch my bottom. My hair was so pleasant to touch that I immediately forgot about the softer things.

I am wearing long one-piece blue dress and a blue cloak on top of it. On my head I am wearing a wide-brimmed lady hat.

What do I have with me?

The same lunchbox I had before. With a sticker on top of it.

Meals refresh every 6 hours. They should be enough for you not to die of starvation. Don`t expect too much.

[Thank you?]

Also I saw a purse. When I opened it I… Whoever the previous owner of this body was, she had a good knowledge in undergarments. The black ones are surely her favorite.


And finally comes my gear.

On my left hip I found a small scabbard. I took out a knife with a long and thin blade. Isn’t that a stiletto? The stiletto is lavishly decorated with engravings. They appear to be gold inlaid. I also saw an engraved phrase:

For the Eternal Glory of the Royal Navy

Of course I wanted to try it out. I walked to a tree and stabbed it a couple of times. The blade pierced the bark like a hot knife pierces warm butter. However, my wish was big guns which I am yet to summon.

While I was about to start swearing I thought a bit. I keep feeling déjà vu. My gut was telling me to not act wrongly. Considering that the body has a refined looks and noble-like characteristics I think if I act like a noble it will not hurt me.

[I want my guns to show up.]

And they did.

Two large pieces of ship hull to my left and right. On each of the pieces were two gun turrets and small black sticks. On my belt appeared smaller guns turrets.

[I need to look what I have. How do I do this? Stats?]


HMS Delight – BC. Mod 1890/1920.

Accuracy – 0/100

AC shows hit chance.

Reload – 0/100

RD shows how fast your guns reload after attack.

Recoil – 100/0

RC shows how much impact recoil has on your firing.

Machinery – 100/25

MC shows the chance of malfunction in propulsion and maneuvering systems.

Guns – 100/25

GN shows the chance of critical malfunction in loading and firing systems. You don’t want to ignore it.

Equipment – 100/25

EQ shows the chance of malfunction in non-vital systems like radars communication and navigation.

Firepower – 100

FP shows how much damage your main and secondary guns can do.

AA – 100

AA shows how much damage your AA guns can do.

HP – 44000

HP shows how much damage you can survive. You armor is strong enough to sustain severe damage.

Evasion – 51

EV shows your chances of evading an enemy attack without damage.

Main guns 10''/32 Mk IV. Loaded - 0/8. Firerate - 0.1/0.5 RPM. Range - 10 km.
Secondary guns 4''/27 Mk VI. Loaded - 0/6. Firerate - 0.1/7 RPM. Range - 7 km.
Tertiary guns 37mm Pom-pom. Loaded - 4/4.
AA guns

0.303'' Maxim. Loaded - 18/18.

0.303'' Magazine Lee-Enfield. Loaded - 0/8.

Hydroplane catapults Ready - 2/2.
Requiem. Lvl 1. Memento Mori. Lvl 1. Lyddite rain. Lvl 1.
On activation: 10s reload for next salvo. The following salvo has 40s reload. Can be activated every 40s. On activation: -5% chance of breakdown and flash fire. When this ship is hit by an attack that would otherwise sink it: 25% chance to completely heal this ship. Duration: 10s. Can be activated every 5 minutes. On activation: Fires a salvo of HE Lyddite shells with higher chance to set fire on target and deal critical damage. Has 90% chance of critical malfunction.

[Erhm… consumables?]

Modernization pack – 100 platinum coins.

Fire extinguisher – 1 silver coin.

Repair kit – 1 silver coin.

Technical inspection – 1 gold coin.

Upgrade point – 10 gold coins.


I am very concerned about the chances of malfunction… something tells me that I will be using my guns quite rarely. Especially considering their characteristics.

I wonder if one little fantasy cliché will happen and I will encounter a damsel in distress. Of course I might not be able to save everyone but considering my current firepower it should not be too hard.

I began searching for my way out of the forest. When I found a small opening I launched a hydroplane. While right after launching the plane my catapult started smoking and sparking, the plane itself successfully flew away. With the eyes above I quickly will find a way out of the forest.

Let the adventures of a noble lady begin!

13