V2 Ch 2. Country road
4.5k 25 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly walked through the forest towards a landmark I found from above. I managed to find a large road which I can use to exit the forest but first things first I needed to reach my way out.

Because I did not waste my time here I think that I will find the road before the night. No matter how much you like nature you will never want to sleep in a forest alone and without a gun. And also without a shelter which I can’t make here. I never joined scouts neither I learned how to survive aside from watching some TV shows.

While for an unknown reason I am not concerned with the forest I still feel uncomfortable. I can almost feel an urgent desire to drink some tea. Might be because I know about the Britons only that they drink tea and live somewhere on an island.

Of course the majority of this is just my nonsense which I think to distract myself from the unfamiliar sounds and the falling night. I am not brave, I am a coward. I am not a hero, I might as well be called a low-life.

I was close to the road and when I finally walked in there I tried landing my hydroplane. When a huge monoplane with floats below its fuselage attempted landing, I almost screamed in terror. Right before running into me it turned into a small toy-sized plane and I tried catching it with my hand. I swiftly stretched out the hand and grabbed it before it had to climb back. Of course the catapult is still dead so I only placed the plane there.

I had two ways: left and right. I decided to turn right and walk to the north. The night was approaching but I dared to walk even when the visibility became low. I walked on the moon-lit dirt road somewhere in the middle of nowhere. When I was about to relax and enjoy the travel I felt how my heart stopped for a moment but continued beating right after skipping a couple of beats. Looks like my machinery already began reminding me of itself and reminding me that it is after all a good idea to rest tonight.

I did not rest and continued walking. Might be a bad idea but I am willing to take the risk.

The night is a time of predators, I heard sounds of beasts far away from me. I was worried if I will encounter any enemies and at last I saw a silhouette in front of me. I fired one of the maxim MGs.

Tra-ta-ta

The things I saw fell down immediately while I hurried away before the thunder of gunfire attracted other curious creatures of night.

The moon lit my path and after some time its light showed me an abandoned carriage. Whatever happened to it is not important because I decided to use it as my cover for the night. I spread out the cloak and right after I lied down I fell asleep.

When I peeked out in search of any threats I confirmed that the sun is up and that the morning is going to be sunny and calm. I accelerated my steps and soon I left the carriage far away.

On my way I walked into a stream and my urge to have a tea stop almost won me over. Yet I lack tea leafs and knowledge how to make a fire. I was disappointed to leave the fresh water but I had to continue my way in hopes of finding a civilization and then having some tea.

I did not map the forest or perform any air filming of the surroundings so I am unsure where I will arrive, or when. I am still worried about what to do with my heavy guns which reload in 10 minutes... per shot. While I was busy with distracting myself from walking and worrying for unknown reasons, I heard something. I turned around and saw a carriage approaching. Soon it closed enough for me to talk to the coachman.

“What is such a beauty doing here all alone? Are you from the carriage back there?” The coachman has a rough voice but he was not looking suspiciously. While I raised my guard a bit, I tried responding as gently as I can.

“Oh my, have you seen it? I might have stayed there for a bit longer and be saved.” I chuckled and smiled with a pretty smile. As I expected when you are a hot gorgeous lady any man would be charmed in a moment. Smile and the world shall succumb to you.

“Looks like you might use some help, am I right? For beautiful ladies my carriage is free. Well, it is not a passenger carriage but it is still better than walking.” (C)

“Thank you for the offer. I am much obliged.” I used all of my noble phrases knowledge from novels and for now I appear to be successful.

I entered the carriage and found a couple more people inside. Both are armed and armored. My first thought was that they are adventurers.

“Pardon the interruption. Are you perhaps adventurers?” I had to interrupt them to ask. While they appeared to be irritated, the moment the two men looked at me I almost felt their gaze landing a bit below my neck and a bit above my waist.

Might be that I need to repeat myself?” I implied that I am waiting and only then two perverts dragged their gaze to my face.

“Yes we are. Want to hear our stories?”

“Please, go ahead!” I smiled and prepared to listen to their bragging.

HMS Delight has glossary entry. I suggest you visit it to have an idea about her 'alternative history' history.

Love interest is going to be:
  • A mage. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A knight. Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A female knight. Votes: 6 50.0%
  • A cute but clumsy apprentice mage. Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A prince(ss). Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An elf archer. Votes: 3 25.0%
Total voters: 12 · This poll was closed on Nov 27, 2020 02:00 PM.
10