‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 30, Final.
565 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The big score needs big guns

The waves in the harbor calmed down. A lot of citizens gathered at the port to look at a large crustacean which appeared on the horizon. I made the lasts checks of the distance using rangefinders.

Will you be able to stop it?” Everyone looked at me with worry.

“If I could not, would I be worthy of bearing the Royal flag?”

The gun barrels were slowly rising from loading position to their firing position.

I made final corrections and fired.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The shells narrowly missed the target but the follow ups were already sent. I made corrections and scored several hits right in the monster’s face. It was not happy but it received no visible damage.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

I scored more and more hits but no damage was done, even from visual range. Meanwhile, I prepared to send torpedoes.

Splash… splash

6 torpedoes are in the water. I sent them with the tightest spread yet only one hit the crab’s leg but dealt no damage.

I was getting restless, considering that I have not too much spare time I have to find out a good way to make the monster die fast. My shells are too light to mash its insides. Wait, too light…?

“Miss Delight?”

No other ways around it, ha…? Well ,then. You have forced me to do it, my good delicacy.

"For the Eternal Glory of the Royal Navy!

The 14 inch gun turrets turned into much bigger, massive turrets with wide and heavy guns. The turrets slowly turned at the target and I prepared to open fire.

KABOOM

One of the 18 inch guns opened fire. A terrifying might of its gases shattered some of the rock of the waterfront.

It was only a glancing hit but I have 7 more of those.

KABOOM

Hit, the crab’s armor was pierced and the shell exploded inside. The monster raised a howl of pain.

KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM

I continued firing one gun at a time. With each shot I was pushed back a few centimeters. With each shot the harbor’s bottom was uncovered. With each shot more and more stone was shattered.

KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM

The terrifying shots destroyed the monster’s shell and soon it fell into the water. The monster stopped moving which made the crowd raise a cry of victory.


After that Delight became the national hero and received a mansion and noble title. She also received an honor of having the harbor expanded to house her huge battlecruiser body. Whenever an enemy approaches the capital, the main guns make any enemy consider negotiations and peace. Because of her constant interference the world became much more peaceful. She bring peace through big guns.

This side story series is finished. The next?
  • Fuji's side stories. Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Kuronami's side stories? Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Iowa class side series? (Better to wait until the other two are finished) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fun option - Imperial Star Destroyer - Admiral Hikaro. Votes: 1 10.0%
Total voters: 10 · This poll was closed on Nov 30, 2020 01:35 PM.
7