V2 Ch 6. Silent escape
512 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It did not take the kidnappers a lot of time to return with back up.

“Hello, are you really thinking that you can run away that easily?” The coachman was looking at me with even more disgusting face.

There were more than 20 people, all armed and ready to fight against me.

“Calm them down.” The coachman ordered a bald man something. The man started murmuring something and the two girls fell asleep.

WHAT THE HELL?!” While I was wondering what happened, the man cried out in disbelief.

When I turned my head at them they stepped back with pale faces.

I summoned the gear and began loading the main guns. For an unknown reason there were no malfunctions and the guns safely and successfully loaded. For an even more enigmatic reasons the band of kidnappers did not run away.

I aimed the guns and prepared to open fire.

“Will you be good guys and release us? Don’t forget to surrender yourselves to the police.” I gave them my final warning.

Go to hell, you can’t defeat all twenty of us!

BOOM

I fired the first blank and it destroyed the cage. Now the fun begins.

The kidnappers ran at me but that was even better for me, I fired another shot. The shockwave torn apart most of them and only few of them survived. They started running or crawling away but this time I decided to keep no witnesses.

BOOM BOOM

In the end we have only me and the other two captives. I regret my fury but I doubt that any of these bastards would repent their actions. For now I need to go away from here before anyone shows up.

While I was alone I checked the stats.

Ding

You received 9 upgrade points, 4’’/40 QF Mk III (Replaces SG), 1.85’’/40 QF Mk II (Replaces TG), 0.5’’/62 Mk III (Replaces Small caliber AA), 11 copper coins, 1 skill point, 5 repair kits, 4 fire extinguishers, 0.5’’/62 Mk III (Replaces Medium caliber AA), 12’’/25 Mk V (Replaces MG), 0.303’’ Maxim (Replaces defense MGs), 37mm Pom-pom (Replaces Medium caliber AA)

[What a bountiful harvest.]


HMS Delight – BC. Mod 1890/1920 – Modernization progress 6/10.

Accuracy – 2/100

Reload – 3/100

Recoil – 1/100

Machinery 99/25

Guns – 99/25

Equipment – 99/25

Main guns 12''/25 Mk V. Loaded - 4/8. Firerate - 0.1/0.5. Range - 8.5 km.
Secondary guns 4''/40 QF Mk III. Loaded - 0/6. Firerate - 0.2/8. Range - 8.5 km.
Tertiary guns 1.85''/40 QF Mk II. Loaded 0/4. Firerate - 0.6/20.
AA guns

37mm Pom-pom. Loaded 8/8.

0.5''/62 Mk III. Loaded 10/10.

0.303 Maxim. Loaded 8/8.

Requiem. Lvl 1. Memento Mori. Lvl 2. Lyddite rain. Lvl 1.
On activation: 10s reload for next salvo. The following salvo has 40s reload. Can be activated every 40s. On activation: -10% chance of breakdown and flash fire. When this ship is hit by an attack that would otherwise sink it: 25% chance to completely heal this ship. Duration: 10s. Can be activated every 5 minutes. On activation: Fires a salvo of HE Lyddite shells with higher chance to set fire on target and deal critical damage. Has 90% chance of critical malfunction.

I broke the locks of the other cages and princess carried the brawny girl, on top of her I placed her companion. And then I vanished from the crime scene.

The girls were quite light and I was not tired even after an entire hour of carrying them and walking. By the noon I was far away from the carriages. Only then did I remember that I could’ve just taken the horses and avoid having to walk.

[Just why am I such a cheese-head?]

It was too late to return so I continued walking in the direction I expected the civilization will be. Soon I walked into a cliff and I am on the lower side of it.

I might be stronger than a common human but I am sure that I can’t just climb there with two people in my hands. Neither I can risk dragging them upwards on a rope.

I placed them on the ground and spent some time trying to find a bypass of this trial but I found that there are even worse cliffs around. In the end I decided to try climbing after the girls wake up.

They woke up only in the evening.

I was sitting by a bonfire and ate a meal from my lunchbox. This was an unexpectedly good food.

What? HEY, WHERE ARE WE?!” The badmouth girl woke up and immediately jumped up.

“Good evening, I suggest you not rise so fast, might end up with a headache.” She already started experiencing a headache so instead of shouting around she returned to the ground.

Have we escaped? Miss, are we really safe?” The good girl was nervously looking around.

“We have, the kidnappers will never return.”

“From the dead?” Suddenly, the badmouther relaxed.

“Now that you both woke up, look there at the cliff and understand that we will have to climb it. I found no ways around so we are stuck here for tonight.” I lazily stirred the coals.

“Thank you so much for saving us! Come on, thank her!” The girl was actively talking.

“It was nothing, you are always welcome~.”

After I made sure they are fine I prepared to sleep after the eventful day.

Why are you sleeping so much?” The badmouth girl asked me with scorn.

“Because I was looking after you for two days? I think I deserve some rest.”

With this I calmly took my nap.

9