V2 Ch 12. Fighting the vanguard
523 31 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours passed without anything of a note. The adventurers are greedy a* who want money before they do something, Xera was still sharpening the swords and I was taking a stroll with Lilith.

I doubted that the orcs would dare attacking right now, they must’ve heard the shells exploding and should be more cautious. I did not risk firing my guns again so I will have to fight with the stiletto. Or just leave fighting to the ones who actually know how to fight.

The sun was setting when my poor unfueled hydroplane reported something moving outside the village. It was a large group of orcs, might as well be called an army. They had banners, a large amount of troops and even some siege engines. I felt concerned about the number of enemies and immediately reported my observation.

“What do you mean the orcs are coming? Hey, girl, you were IN this village all the time. Do you understand that we are not going to be fighting with shadows?” Neither of the adventurers believed me.

“I get that she is a troublemaker but if she thinks she saw something we should at least check it out.” Suddenly, Xera tried persuading them to check out about the orcs.

“Fine, I’ll go and look for what you saw. Damned cowardly nobles, the moment they hear a rat they start shouting ‘dragon’.” One of the adventurers walked out into the darkness. I followed him and loaded secondary and tertiary guns, just in case.


By the time I caught up, he was already fighting with a couple of orcs from their vanguard. While the adventurer was keeping the swine-faced monsters busy, I got behind their backs and with a couple of precise stabs calmed them down. In the distance I already saw a large group of orcs approaching.

What the hell?!” The man was still shaken.

“Instead of crying here, go call the others. I will handle them while everyone’s preparing.”

“Understood, may the God bless you!”

Those were not their main forces but I can still claim that there are a few hundred of orcs. I opened fire with everything but main guns, this is only to suppress the enemy and give the others enough time to prepare.

If I hit something then those are only lucky shots which somehow did not flew in the air or dug into the ground. It was not yet time for the trump card.

The orcs were approaching rapidly but it is not going to actually help them. The closer they were the higher are the chances that the shots hit something. The 4 inch guns were already accurate enough to cause minor casualties, the same for machine guns. I can only fire everything and ignore the accuracy and recoil which scatters the ammo around the area.

Soon I judged that it is a good time to retreat. I used my speed as my advantage and easily ran away. On my way I reported that the enemy force is only a vanguard and headed to the river to finally let my poor plane land and to try bombing the enemy tides with heavy guns.

While I was loading the guns I had two of the turrets stop loading due to a malfunction, one had its loaders jam and…

‘BANG’

An entire f* explosion in the fourth turret.

While I was doing bad, the others forced the orc vanguard into a stalemate. Considering that I am currently useless I decided to head to the frontlines and use my stiletto to do something. At least thus I will be useful.

By the time I arrived the others managed to force the orcs to retreat and now they were about to face the main tide of their army.

Considering that the enemy has MUCH more forces than we do I did not hold back firing and used the weapons that do not explode into my face. I was not surprised that nothing hit the enemy but the orcs were somewhat confused by the explosions and the loud noise of gunfire. The adventurers were confused but they were more focused on fighting. Xera did not flinch and was keeping a steady posture waiting for the enemy to approach. Lilith was the only one who was used to the firing and thus did not lose her concentration, her simple spells were effective and caused more damage than my guns.

The orcs were approaching under heavy but useless fire and soon we will have to hold them back in melee. The horde is near.

Our clash was opened with a few small shells exploding in the enemy biomass and soon turned into a bloodbath. Most of the orcs could not even swing their weapons before they were cut by swords, pierced by spears or shot by arrows and stray bullets which were all over the field.

The problem is that there are too many of them, soon we started taking casualties. Two adventurers were thrown into the orc mass, another was wounded. My tertiary guns were making some holes in the orcs but even with the help of my stiletto I was not enough to hold the enemy back. I was mostly just receiving the enemy hits in the others’ stead.

The future of both the village and our own was not looking bright.

5