V2 Ch 18. Orthodox events
421 16 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Have you reflected on your actions?” (L)

Yes…” Lilith was scolding me for an entire hour. I was so tired of it that I was already dozing off but whenever my head was dropping, she immediately shook me.

“Miss Delight, do you remember that we have no money? We spent the last copper and now we are absolutely broke. You are found guilty by the court and sentenced to help us gain money.” (L)

“Wait a moment, please. I demand jury.”

Of course~, miss Jury?” She looked at Xera.

“Yes, miss Judge. According to the room’s law, you are found guilty and sentenced to compensate our expenses on feeding and accommodating you.” (X)

“Fine… what are we going to do?”

“I still have a guild’s membership so we will go there and take a quest.” And there we go…

Will I need to join the guild as well?

“No, no! I wanted to leave the guild so for now we will just take one or two quests to save our pockets.” (L)

‘Knock, Knock’

“Dear guests, have you packed your luggage? You should leave the room by the noon. Thank you.” After the inn’s maid reminded us that our time is over we had to stop the talk and begin packing my small purse of underwear.


We walked towards the adventurers guild. When I entered a small hall I felt weird.

In the hall there were a board where a lot of papers are clipped, a number of tables near the entrance and a counter near the back wall. I wonder what I can do while I am waiting.

For now I approached the tables to sit down. It did not take long for smart, caring and attractive men to approach me.

“Are you lonely~?”

“Come on, sit with us and we will tell you many interesting things~.”

“Do you want to touch some great muscle?”

“Don’t worry, pretty girl, we will protect you~.”

I did not care and was just regretting not having tea. While the flies were annoying they were still not ‘that’ noisy. Of course, soon some of them began thinking they are too smart and attractive, and that I will not mind their greasy hands.

‘Bum’

I stuck the stiletto into the poor table but the stupid muscleheads did not understand my point. Of course the hands stopped approaching me but the noise was still not going away.

Now it was a matter of honor to not yield and make them go away via diplomacy and…

Hands off me.” Well, not exactly through diplomacy but at least without bloodshed.

“My good sirs, did nobody teach you that women do not like being surrounded by stinking masses of muscle? I wonder if anybody taught you that under no circumstances can you touch a woman without her consent, and I clearly remember I did not give any consent. If you did understand me then be so kind and leave me out of your warm company. Thank you.” Their faces clearly showed their discontent but after I drew attention of the entire hall the men had no choice and left me alone. For a moment I even had a hallucination of a female knight showing me thumbs up but it was surely the result of me suffering brain damage from the sweat aroma around me.

Now that I was victorious in the table warfare I decided to waste my lifetime looking at what quests I can find.

The adventurers near the board eyed me but soon returned to their own business. I searched for interesting quests.

‘Pick up a bag lost in the forest’; ‘Help missis Thompson chop the firewood’; ‘Kill baby dragon’ ; ‘Gather herbs’ ; ‘Gather goblin’s ears’ ; ‘Hiring mercenaries, ask town guard’s chief’ ; ‘Subjugation of a goblin nest’ ; ‘Defend a village from orcs – URGENT’ ; ‘Child is missing’ ; ‘Clearing a forest path’.

I was about to go away when I saw a small quest: ‘Clear cave from rock spiders’. The reward was nice, the task looks easy. Now that I have nothing else to do I took the request paper and headed to the counter.

I immediately saw Lilith in the organized crowd and began slipping there.

I was almost there when somebody grabbed my hand and dragged back.

“Would you mind letting go of my hand?” I asked a musclehead guy.

“You know what, chick? I might be a nice guy but if you think you are such a smarta* and can slip in ignoring the queue then don’t expect me to ignore it because you are rich.” (G)

“Oh my, you must’ve misunderstood me, do you see those two people? They are my companions for whom I carry this [request].”

“Ahhh, sorry, girl. I didn’t think it might be like that…” He scratched the back of his head and apologized.

“Do not mind it. Now that this is solved, I should excuse myself.” I returned to the queue and began squeezing to the counter.

4