V2 Ch 31. School admission
396 13 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I find it funny that I spent 4 years studying in my university only to return to studying in a school. This academy is a place where nobles and distinguished commoners learn their school curriculum and some university level things.

“Well, while I am not exactly a schoolgirl I might try returning to the school days. With a few conditions.”

I am listening.” The principal’s face stiffened.

“Don’t worry, it is nothing unreasonable. First, I want to keep my weapon. Second, I want to keep my clothes. Third, I will accompany Lilith whenever I want. Fourth, none of the classes are mandatory or require me to attend exams, unless I want to.” I showed her my stiletto and just in case my purse.

“Well, all items but the last are accepted. You are going to be a student with a lot of freedom but please, for the sake of the academy, attend the classes. If you really don’t want to attend then we can work this out in private.” (P)

“While I like your suggestion I still want to have some freedom of actions. If I can have no compulsory work then we can talk about it.”

“My last concession is that you can have exams in absentia. If for any reason you won’t be able to pass them then I will personally solve the issue. Are we good now?” I nodded.

Erhm… Madam De Croix, can I… talk to Miss Delight for a moment?” Lilith whispered from the floor.

“Of course. I hope it will not be related to the…” Before the principal finished Lilith dragged me out of the tent.


“Miss Delight, I want to talk about ‘us’.” Lilith looked super nervous when she asked.

“I don’t actually understand what you mean by ‘us’.”

You said you’ll leave us!” I facepalmed.

“Sorry, I had no time to tell you. I want you to be close to me. While I doubt I can actually help you with anything, you can still follow me as long as you want.” I already expect some tearful reunion. Not that we parted our ways.

Fank youuu!!!” Wait, did I really predict it?!

“Oh, come on! Don’t cry.” A good hug should solve the issue.

While Lilith was calming down I thought about what I will even be doing now. Like, I really doubt that the medieval school will grant me any knowledge. I already graduated from school and almost finished uni.

“Let’s head back, they must be worried after hearing all the weeping.” I urged her to return.


Right when I entered I almost had my neck kissed by a sword. Right before it hit me I stopped the blade with my fingers.

You have 1 minute to explain why Milady cried.” (X)

“If you look behind me you’ll see that she is far from being unhappy. Could you move this thing away from me?” Lilith peeked from behind me.

“Can you tell what you talked about?” The principal was curious but I did not tell her anything.

“We just needed to clear one misunderstanding~.” Lilith chirped while still hiding.

If you say so. Miss, can you answer some of my questions? I will fill the admission list for you.” I almost wanted to tell her that I can do it myself but just in one glance I understood that I can’t read anything there. The language is too different.

“Please, pass me a cup of water. I need some tea.” The second time I brewed tea nobody was surprised.

“What is your name and do you have a title?” (P)

“Delight, Her Majesty’s servant.”

“Do you have a family name?” I immediately began thinking what to do. If I am not mistaking then I should have one. Just for the sake of it I decided to use an interesting one.

“Yes, I am Delight of Windsor.” Now that I think about it… Ok, I did what I did… So stupid…

“Age?” (P)

“Write that I am 16. Lilith you are 16, right?” She nodded.

“Just to satisfy my own curiosity. Do you have an education?” (P)

“Yes, I graduated from the University of ********”

F-fine, next… sex… noble…  You are not just a maid, right? Next… testing results… sciences – perfect, etiquette – perfect, arts – perfect, magic… Magic?” (P)

“I am not…”

“She is sage.” (L)

“Miss Evereyn, can you PLEASE remain silent?” (P)

“I… can you please tell me what kinds of magic there are.” Before I tell that I am not a mage I might as well pretend that I am some kind of a fire mage. My main guns are just magical boom tubes for everyone.

“There are air, darkness, earth, fire, light, void and water.” Now I just need to say this is fire.

“Fire magic, surely it is.”

“Can you show it?” I piqued her interest.

“I have strong but dangerous magic, it is better not to show it everywhere.”

She gestured Lilith to come closer and showed her something in the list. Lilith showed something herself and the principal wrote something.

“Now that we are done, welcome to the Rosehip Academy. You will be assigned to the experimental magic department, just like your friend. Because all of your possessions should be here I think you can head out to the academy. I trust Miss Evereyn will not mistake the road again? When you arrive, please come find me. I will need to introduce Miss Windsor to some people.” (P)

Wait a moment! We will need to go ourselves?!” Lilith screamed in terror.

“Don’t forget, you have 5 days before the autumn semester. Good luck!” The principal clapped her hands and the tent and everything inside disappeared.

Crap, we need to hurry…” I agree with Xera, we need to hurry!

4