‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 9.
375 8 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is no such thing as a free lunch

“Good evening, how are you feeling?” The first person I saw after I woke up was the moustache guy.

“Hello.”

“You slept in and now I can only wonder what you were doing during the night.” He approached me and I prepared to strike.

“I was searching for something interesting.”

So you were going outside and with your superior skills fought against the evil?! Great job!(-_-) ?

“Where are the others?” I am so hungry and they are not here.

“You want to eat something? You know that there are no free meals, right?” He smirked.

I understand what he means. Every time I visited the café, Akashi-nyan would rob me of all the golden circles Master gives me.

“I don’t have golden circles with me.”

What the heck?! You are that rich?!” He freaked out for an unknown reason. Perhaps he wanted those red glass things?

“Hey, guys! We’re back!” The other three people returned.

Grumble

One moment…” The moustache guy and the others stepped away and started whispering.

Men, I know she’s great but if we continue feeding her we’ll be completely broke.’ (Moustache guy)

How about we take her to work with us? We could take harder quests and get more money.’ (Pretty face)

Which all will be used to feed her.’ (Long nose)

What a circle of suffering…’ (MG)

Hey, am I the only one who remembers she heard everything?’ They all looked at me.

Yes?” I tilted head and waited for their question.

Erhm… Kuronami, are you fine with becoming an adventurer?” (PF)

“What does it mean?”

“It means… erhm…” (F)

“It means free food!” (LN)

I accept.

3