V2 Ch 37. The basics of physics
376 27 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilith and I were sitting next to each other in the magic class room.

If I understand correctly the students are divided into 3 classes. There were quite a lot of people here and some of them were not familiar to me.

“Why there are so many people from other classes here?”

“You already know we are in the experimental magic department. Other departments are practical magic department and administration department. The curriculum of the departments is different so when we are having the department lessons the students from different classes group with the others from their department.” So those are just modules.

“Funny that I don’t see the hurricane.”

What?” (L)

“I mean Charlotte. If she’s your rival then why is she not here?”

“She is in the administration department.” (L)

“Lilith, is the seat next to you occupied?” While we were chatting an unexpected obstacle showed up.

No it’s not. Miss Delight already sits next to me.” Her fiancé showed his ugly face right next to us.

“Oh, sorry for bothering. Miss, I don’t think I saw you here before.” The man stood in front of my desk and smiled. Now that I have nowhere to run I will have to talk to him…

“I am Delight, Her Majesty’s faithful servant.” He looked at me with surprise.

“My apologies but I never saw you in the palace. Are you new there?” I glanced at Lilith, she nodded. If we understood each other correctly then this bastard must be a prince.

“I think you misunderstood me. I am in service to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, not to your country’s queen.” The betrothed looked at me with their eyes and mouths wide opened.

Ah… sorry for this…” The man returned to us faster than Lilith.

Khm-khm…” I gently hinted him that he forgot something.

“Right, I am the crown prince of our country, you can call me Michael.” At last I know how this bastard is named. Before the bastard had chance to continue wasting our precious time, the teacher arrived.


Immediately after Mr. Frangl saw me he began waving me with excited look. I used gestures to explain him that I am in the middle of the lesson and wait for him.

“Alright, students. We have a new and exciting type of magic we will study in this semester. Some of you might’ve heard it. I surely did and almost had my poor ears bleed. By the looks of Miss Delight I can already guess she knows exactly what I am talking about. Ha-ha!” If this man eavesdropped then he should start writing a will.

“What magic will we be learning, Mr. Frangl?” A female voice asked.

“Yes, you did not explain!” The students’ attention was already caught and I could only start imitating Catalina’s glare.

“Yesterday you must’ve heard that ‘Bang’! Our new student of honor really did surprise everybody.” The teacher giggled.

“Oh my, did I give a permission to study this surely-copyrighted-magic? Also, even if you do understand how it works you will not be able to copy it. You don’t have enough cordite.” And if you do then you won’t be able to carry enough of it.

“Well, we won’t be studying exactly the magic you used but we will learn how to use explosion magic. As everyone here knows explosion spells are used only by the fire magic school. Now here is my question to everybody: are there any ways to make explosions without being a fire mage?” (MF)

The class was completely silent. Even the rear rows, which are inhabited by the gossipers, were silent.

“Can you assist me with this one, Miss Delight?” (MF)

“I might know the answers but considering what you did previously I shall abstain.” Mr. Frangl went silent and looked at me like an abandoned puppy.

Fine, but only in short. It is possible if you know how and have basic understanding of physics. Everything can explode as long as the conditions are met.” I gave him the helping hand but now he is to do everything by himself.

“Indeed! The recent breakthrough showed us that the explosions are not limited only to the fire magic school. Now, my dear students, please open your notebooks and start writing today’s subject: ‘The temperature difference as a possible catalyst for an explosion’…”

If I were to assess today’s magic class it would be worthy of being considered a ‘physics for the beginners’. After the class we were told to go to the practice ground. Looks like it’s time to unpack the 356.

Delight is suffering a lot, should we give her an admission gift?
  • Yes, she could use some help. Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No, let's keep the interference at minimum. Votes: 1 12.5%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Dec 31, 2020 03:09 PM.
3