V2 Ch 39. Poor girls go shopping
417 24 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I would’ve never thought I would find myself liking shopping, yet here I am in the nearby city’s shopping district.

The academy is located just 30 minutes away from the city. This is the time required to get there by foot, not by riding a carriage. However, in front of the city’s gate there were many carriages which headed out of the academy. Sometimes I do wonder why those noble guys are so lazy to just walk for a bit.

Because of the academy’s proximity the shopping district of the city is prospering. The flabby beings always want to have everything comfortable, luxurious and pricy so the fact that the majority of the shops are oriented for the money bag clients was not surprising. The prices here start with ‘expensive’ and then skyrocket to the levels when even the royal family can barely afford the goods.

If you try hard you can find anything that a noble would need during their school years. From a custom made school desk with polished golden surface to a small pillow to comfortably sleep during the lessons. While I did take Lilith here to wander around with me and maybe buy something cheap, I accidentally ended up in a place where even my tea stockpile would look cheap and useless.


We walked by shopfronts and windows where were displayed gorgeous dresses for any taste and purse but considering how rich we are we could only gulp and keep going.

Huuu, I am so jealous that we have no way to buy those…” (L)

“I wonder if we can find an atelier, I have some ideas which can result in good dresses.”

“I have a good idea, follow me!” Lilith led me to a back street where common shops resided. If the main streets are the shining display of wealth and fashion then these back streets are where the shops for the actual inhabitants of this city are located. We walked into a small shop with no sign.

Inside there was a small desk where sat a middle-aged woman. When we entered she glanced at us and immediately returned to a magazine she was reading.

“Hello, we want to order some dresses.” (L)

“…” Full ignore mode.

Erhm… can you call aunty Flo?” (L)

“She moved out. No idea where she is now. Stop pestering me.” The woman did not even try to hide her irritation.

“Oh my, can you tell us what this place sells?”

“Frills and other decorated clothes. After they went out of fashion the shop entered its decline. Now even the common people don’t care for that. I am so glad that small girls still like frilly dresses.” The heart-piercing tale of this shop made me want to support it.

“If you can make me a nice dress…”

You did not hear me? Nobody would like such a dress.” (W)

“Give me a piece of paper, I’ll make a sketch.” I quickly drew what I had in mind.

“Now that is something unusual. I am sure it will be a piece of cake to make but I still wonder why you want me to make such a dress? I repeat, nobody would think it is fashionable.” (W)

“I think frilly dresses are so cute, and if I can have one then why would I ever care about the others’ opinion?” I couldn’t tell her the real reason.

“Understood! What colors should I use?” The woman was excited to have a client after so long.

“The black and white dress with a lot of frills where is drew loops, laces are where the hatching. Can you do it?”

“Absolutely! It will be done in a week.” (W)

“Great, how much would it cost?”

17 gold coins…” The woman was nervous. I estimated the price for the clothes and decorations.

“Sounds reasonable. Hand-made accessories or bought?”

“Everything is hand-made.” She said proudly.

I wondered if we have enough money. I glanced at Lilith and she passed me a bag of coins. 6 gold coins are not enough but it will be used to pay in advance.


Right after we left the shop I wanted to visit some other places.

“Speaking of which, why did you order such a dress? They were popular 5 years ago but now even the commoners don’t wear them.” Until we have an idea where to go we stopped nearby.

“Oh my, this dress is not to show off but to please my eyes.”

“???”

“My maid will wear it. I can’t wait to see her in this dress~.”

So, you mean you spend all the money to just…” Before Lilith finished her accusation the woman almost jumped out of the shop and headed somewhere. Judging by how energized she is, she really does want to make the dress. Inspiration is such a nice/weird thing.

Considering that we have no money left we had to return to the academy empty-handed.

3