V2 Ch 40. Testing lateness
311 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school life was proceeding smoothly. There were no constant fights, no searching for money and no need to tolerate a certain knight.

What are we going to do now?” Lilith was cuddling to me even during the lessons. At first I was wondering why she is doing that but by now I accepted it as a part of her behavior.

“We should go and find ourselves some books. I heard that there will be a test tomorrow so I will need to at least have a basic understanding of what is going on.”

I wanted to visit the academy’s library for a number of reasons. I will not be bothered there, I will have some quiet time with Lilith, and I will read some books and maybe encounter something interesting.

I pushed a large wooden door and let Lilith squeeze while I held it. Some people warned me that this bastard of a door is so heavy it can flatten a human and after I tried its weight I can confirm that it is better not to be near this thing if it is about to fall down.

I was expecting a huge amount of shelves filled with books and scrolls but the reality was disappointing. There were less than fifty bookshelves in total and the majority of books there were schoolbooks. I approached the librarian to ask about where the hell are the other books.

“Excuse me, are these the only books the academy has?”

“Of course not, there are more books but the students are not allowed to search for them without permission from their teachers.” So in other words the students should not learn anything aside from what the teachers want them to learn.

And what about the students of honor~…?” Speech check…

No.” Failed.

“And how do you expect me to learn about the history of this country if neither of the books here has information about it?”

Then go and ask the history teacher for the permission.” Logic, where are you?! Like what the hell?! I need to take a book and I need to have someone’s permission for this? While I am doing it in the middle of the academy where I study?!


I returned back to the reality only when I was outside of the library. Lilith dragged me outside when she saw that I am having a mental breakdown. I could only sigh and head to the principal’s office. She said she will be taking care of this… so let her handle her own mess.

While we walked I saw that Lilith was looking at a group of girls.

“What is it?”

Can I go talk with them?” She fidgeted.

“But of course~. Have fun~.” I encouraged her. If I am correct than she has some problems making friends. I sincerely hope she will be able to make some friends on her own. I really do start looking like her second mother, however, if the numbers are correct then I should be considered her grand-grandmother.

I had no trouble going straight to the principal and after I knocked and was let in I began explaining the problem.

“I get what you are trying to tell me but it was not me who implemented such a system. I will give you a letter and you will get all the necessary permissions just by showing it to the teachers but don’t expect me to just do everything with a flick of fingers. I can’t change anything without the king’s consent.” (P)

“Still, it is irrational.”

You want rationality? Then let me tell you this. The nobles don’t usually like books anyway, the commoners are illiterate, moreover, the books are expensive and rare. In your country it might be common to have a lot of books but here even the nobles have trouble obtaining them. To make sure the books are not stolen the students are required to have permission. Only a few have desire to take a schoolbook while a lot would want a normal book for free.” (P)

But…!

“Your logic is not applicable to the cultures that are different from your own. Ha-ha, at least I can finally see there is something you can be taught!” The principal was amused while I was disheartened.


With the tests approaching I had no way but to quickly search for the teachers and get their honorable permissions to prepare for the tests…Because I spent a lot of time running around I had less time to prepare then I expected. Not to mention I had no time to cuddle with Lilith. I feel like I managed to prepare somewhat well but I doubt it will be enough to squeeze even ‘B’. I was considering using the tete-a-tete testing but I dared participating with the other students.

Will I have a good mark…?

“Don’t worry! With such a great ability as yours you will surely be amongst the best!” We approached the ranking and I saw that I am at the 12th place.

“Congratz! Miss Delight is always the best~!” My greatest reward is that I had Lilith rub against me. Owww, she’s so cute~!

4