V2 Ch 46. A ridiculous gathering
384 39 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I handed over Charlotte to her maid I headed to Lilith’s dormitory. There I was told that she already left and I hurried to the restaurant. She was not there either but because I am already there I decided to eat before I continue searching for Lilith.

“Good morning to you.” One of Charlotte’s friends approached me.

“Good morning to you too, might I inquire your purpose?

“Have you seen Miss de Terehan? I did not see her today but some people saw you with her this morning.” The girl looked at me with suspicion.

“We got drunk together but currently she is in her room.”

“Thank you for the information. Good day to you.” The girl bowed and walked back to the rest of Charlotte’s entourage.


After the breakfast I was going to wander around and search for my breast pillow, not that I ever used her like that. As I was about to enter the class I was grabbed and dragged out of the student flow.

What is it?!” I barked at Xera.

“Shut up, will you? M’lady has a message for you, she can’t see you for now because she was taken to the city. Also, she wanted me to remind you about the gathering. You do remember about it, right?” (X)

“NO.” I am astonished it is the first time I heard about it.

“Instead of a long story I’ll just tell you it’s where the nobles band together and go- I mean talk about important business. We three might be the last people to be called social butterflies but we still have to attend. M’lady wanted to see the best dress you have ‘cause you’ll be her escort.” (X)

It would be weird if I was to…

“Either you or the crown prince.” (X)

“However, I might be the perfect person to do it.” Objection withdrawn.

Of course I have no dresses other than the one I am wearing but at least I changed the underwear. Right at the doorstep of my room I was intercepted by Charlotte.

Uuuu… my head still hurts…” Hangover only affected her and by the looks of it she suffers for both of us.

“What are you doing here?”

“I can’t just walk like this… Help me walk to the gathering…” I am getting a bit late so…

Uwaa! H-hey! It is not…! A-a-appropriate!” She was blushing because I princess-carried her.


By the time we arrived Charlotte was close to fainting but an armchair helped her relax. A few moments after I sat down Charlotte, Lilith showed up.

Miss Delight, is it really the same dress…?” She was a bit disappointed.

“I doubt anybody would not like this dress. Everything looks perfect when you are facing a gun~.”

With this I gracefully led her inside the hall where were the other students. While we two were the least dressed of them we still remain the best because we remain ourselves.

Miss Delight, can you stop staring at those dresses? Were you not saying your dress would be liked by anyone?” Lilith had time to both check out every other dress in the hall as well as prick.

The gathering was going smoothly. The majority of people around us were gossiping or discussing their own affairs while Lilith and I had the snacks tables at our unchallenged disposal. Because we two are poor and have to survive on anything we can find, this was the best opportunity to gather as much snacks as we can.


Soon the crown jewel of this gathering arrived: Mi…

“Lily, how was it named, again?”

Eclair.” She answered without raising her head from the plate.

So, His Highness Éclair arrived and he was accompanied by Charlotte who glued herself to him.

“Look at those lovey-dovey guys.”

Who’s so clingy here?” She still did not care.

“Éclair and Charlotte.” Now she raised her head to understand what I am talking about.

WHAT?!” She screamed loud enough to attract everybody’s attention to us.

The prince saw us an immediately separated himself from Charlotte. I grabbed Lilith’s hand to help her control herself. Éclair immediately grimaced and glared at me.

Oh my, might it be that you are not happy to see somebody holding your fiancée’s hand?” I think it is alright if I chastise him a bit.

“I see, so you are finally showing your true colors?” He continued glaring at me. I could only tilt my head and wait for his response.

“Not only do you abuse the others but you also dare to seduce my fiancée. I am not surprised. Listen, everybody! Those two women were harassing Miss de Terehan all the time, they conspired against me and now we all see that my own darling fiancée is cheating on me!” (M)

“Oh my, you surely have a liking to redundant phrases.” I was ready to rout any of his claims but before I could begin, the other nobles were already gossiping. We two turned into the main topic of today’s mocking. Well, it is my best opportunity to put a large nail into the coffin. Mine or his, it doesn’t matter.

Everybody here knows about how you two were slandering her, you were ridiculing her and this night you even drugged her!” I was trying my best to remember when we ever did something like that…

I demand that you two apologize to Miss de Terehan!” I strengthened my grip when I felt that Lilith is about to explode. Charlotte, on the other hand, did not dare looking into my eyes and only hid in the crowd.

If that is what you want then…” He gloated his victory while I deployed the guns.

“… remember that you are nothing. If you have no strength to make me follow your orders then be so kind to shut up and leave for I shall not succumb to this ridiculous demands and accusations. The one who is strong shall never yield to the ramble if they have their pride and honor. Mine are with me and I am proud to protect what I cherish. If you still have some brain inside your head then you better retreat.” I was ready to kick-load the guns if he dares continuing this discussion.

When I withdrew with Lilith nobody dared stopping me but I already know that this farce will not be forgotten soon.

Was this event unexpected in any way?
  • No. Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No? Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No! Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No... Votes: 4 50.0%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Jan 16, 2021 12:41 PM.
1