V2 Ch 47. A sickness ride
377 29 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was not unexpected that a few days after the prince’s vagary I received a letter. The sender asked me to go to the royal palace to be the defendant.

While I wondered if it was related to my not-so-recent acquisition, I still had to go. Before proceeding with anything else I decided to ask the principal if there is something I should know.

“So, you are summoned to the palace… I am sure this delay is related to the fact His Highness had to write a letter to the king before anything would be done. You are in a very bad position if you can’t impress the king.” (P)

For now I think I have to get there, am I right?”

“There is a river nearby, it flows right into the sea so if you take a boat you can get right to the capital. It will take a day or two to reach the sea and then a week to reach the capital. The crown prince must’ve set sail right the next morning after the gathering, you need to hurry. While you and Miss Evereyn pack your luggage I will call for a boat.” (P)

Why would you help me…?

“That boy needed some spanking for a looong time. If you are smart enough to make him shut up then you should be able to refute all of his claims as well. This would be a good lesson for His Highness.” (P)


Of course considering how much time we would have I decided to accelerate Lilith’s preparations by at least informing her about the current situation. Currently she is studying so I need to go inside, take her and then send her to pack.

The operation of course was simple, I just shamelessly entered the classroom right in the middle of the lesson, lifted Lilith off her chair and carried her out of the room before anybody could voice their discontent.

W-what is g-going on?!” (L)

“We need to immediately pack our belongings and head to the capital. The principal already took care of our transportation so our task is to do everything fast.”

“Yes, as you say.” She stopped struggling and just let me carry her.

While Lilith was packing I already took the purse since I never left it in the room, and was waiting outside the ‘poor’ dorm. Meanwhile, somebody was running towards me.

ARE YOU CRAZY?!” Xera was steaming like a locomotive.

“Oh my, it is nothing but an emergency~.”

“Emergency my a*! The principal informed me so I get it why you kidnapped Milady right in the middle of the lesson but why the heck you did not inform me? With my help she would’ve packed everything twice as fast!” (X)

But you also need to…

Silence, I have everything necessary pre-packed for such cases. Go to the pier while I help M’lady.” She stomped inside the dorm while I stayed where I am.


5 minutes later.

A mule-like Xera and Lilith with a bag exited the dormitory safely.

What the… Did I not tell you to go already?!” (X)

“Did you not use your brain to think I don’t know where the pier is?” I smiled.

S-sorry… my bad…” WTF?!

“Stop it, you two! Let’s hurry!” (L)

The boat already was at the pier and waited for us. The owner already knew where we need to go so without any questions he helped us unload the mule and set sail to the estuary.

“How deep the estuary is? Are there any shallows there?”

“As long as you are not completely blind you will notice the few rocks that can break a hull. The rocks are the only objects that can strand a ship there.” The captain enthusiastically explained the area around the estuary and even showed me the sailing equipment.

The travel to the estuary was not exciting in any way: Lilith was constantly lying on the board and observing the water flow around the boat. When I was navigating with her she never had nausea!

We departed at 9:50 AM and now is the next morning. I am a bit behind the schedule but I keep watching the sea.

What are you doing?” (X)

“Just watching…”

“Miss Delight, can you pass me some water?” Lilith was still suffering and barely slept.

[Still nothing…]

“Hey, captain, can we drop the anchor at the estuary?”

Why would we need to?!” The old man was surprised by my request, after all we needed to hurry to the capital.

[There is something… Yes, I see a fog and that’s a good sign.]

The captain followed my request and we anchored right outside the dangerous rocks of the estuary. It didn’t cure Lilith but at least I am certain the rendezvous point is correct.

What is that?!” In the distance the captain saw a smoke pillar.

That? That is me.” The battlecruiser enters the stage. I had to steam all the time ever since I talked to the principal just to arrive here.

I corrected the course to arrive nearby and pick up the girls.

“So, ladies, take your luggage, we are swapping the ride!”

AH-OO-GAH

2