V2 Ch 52. The vacation comes to an end
323 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After accepting the prince’s generous offer the three of us spent the rest of the day making purchases. I was the only one who bought no clothes. As the girls became too tired to continue shopping we returned to the ship.

While there was some time before the night we chatted for a bit.

“What are your plans for the future?” (L)

“I wonder if I would travel around the world. After all, today’s meeting with the king left quite an aftertaste.

“You want to run away from the troubles?” (X)

“No way, no way. I just feel like it would be nice not to associate myself with the royal family”

Is it not the same?” Xera continued pushing me into a corner with her words.

“I wonder what your plans are?”

“After today’s events I might be forced to step down from M’lady’s knight position but then what would stop me from quitting the order as well?” (X)

“Why are you talking about bad things? Let us feel happy at least for some time!” (L)

What could prevent us from having a long vacation?

The exams…” (L)

The exams…” (X)

[Why am I always the last person to hear about such things…?]

Anything else I should know in advance…~?” I was forcing myself not to start swearing.

Y-yes, there will be a ball the next day after the exams’ results are published.” (L)

Thank you for telling me this before it happened. I am so happy I was notified.

Can you keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself, at least when you talk to us?” (X)

“She is just a bit salty~.” Lilith chuckled.

I left the two of them on their own while I went to check why the radars stopped working for the fourth time today. Also, I started warming up the boilers so by the morning the steam turbines would work at their optimal output.


Our departure made as much noise as did our arrival so it was no wonder the ships were swarming around.

AH-OO-GAH

I was leaving the port and just for the sake of being an a*hole I turned the main guns at the city and fired blanks.

BOOM BOOM

Perhaps it will even wake up the royal family. Not that it is almost noon.

The ship soon ended up in a current which was flowing in the same direction we went. Because of that I decreased the burn rate of the boilers and thus there should be no malfunctions. After some time I checked the machinery and the systems indeed showed no problems even at the top speed of 34 knots. If only the radars were showing the information without 10 minute lag…

A couple of days later we were reaching the estuary of the river where we began this cruise.

“Captain and her crew thank you for choosing Delight ship line. Please, do not consider choosing us ever again!”

As I finally dropped the anchors in the estuary, the sonar started beeping. It would not be a torpedo and the majority of the local wildlife would not dare showing up here so I did not fire anything. I was right about it.

A small group of weird looking dolphin-like creatures showed up nearby. Both of the girls confirmed that they are safe so we spent some time watching the dolphins play around the ship and when the boar arrived to pick us up we returned to the academy.


After a couple of days of lazing around the D-day came. I was happily daydreaming in my bed. It was still early in the morning so I was just enjoying my time.

Knock-knock

“Good morning, Miss. I prepared your breakfast. I hope it will be to your liking. Oh, there is a letter left on the tray. Please, read it. Also, can I do something for you?” Francis conveniently showed up when I started sliming out of the bed.

“Yes. Francis, can you check my dress? I wonder if it is alright to keep wearing it or it should be washed.”

“Yes, leave it to me~!” The maid cheerfully left the room to do the chores.

I was eating when I remembered that there is a letter. I was wondering who sent it but then I saw that it was sent by the atelier where I ordered the maid dress.

Knock-knock

“Come in~.” Oh, did that girl already finish cleaning the dress?

He-hello…” I saw the blonde of doom.

“What is it?” I tried smiling but I wonder if my face shows another expression.

“Miss Delight, can we talk for a bit…?” Charlotte was unusually quiet but I don’t feel like talking to her now.

“Charlotte, can we talk a bit later? There should be enough time for us to talk AFTER I finish my breakfast. Thank you.”

I… D-do you remember that the exams are today~?” She tried smiling while I was searching for something to throw at her. She managed to spoil my good mood.

Well, she just returned me to the reality… the terrifying and brutal reality…

2