V2 Ch 57. Ghosts of the academy
318 15 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After raiding the sweets Lilith and I went to the balcony to cool down a bit.

Phew… that was a lot of sweets. Miss Delight, do you have something to wash them down?” (L)

“Oh my, should we drink some tea?” I searched for the pa- I mean tea bags.

Your method is the most incomprehensible thing in the universe… why you didn’t buy normal utensils?” (L)

“My poor Lilith, we don’t need them. All of them are kept perfectly clean so you don’t need to worry about it.” I smiled while putting the leaves inside.

While I was draining some water from the steam system, I checked the radars. To break down twice within an hour…

What is it?” Lilith twitched and looked outside.

Ah, no, it was just a wind.” (L)

When I poured the water into the cups they cracked but at least the boiling water did not splatter.

I guess the steam is a bit too hot~?” (^_^`’)

“What would happen if I touched it?” (L)

“Well, if you want to have the meat separated from your fingers then go ahead… No chances of saving the fingers, by the way.” I poured the boiling water from the balcony before leading Lilith out of the hall. Inside the building should be other cups and most importantly, a kettle.

What is it?” Why Lilith twitched again?

I… no, I am a bit shaken after what you told me.” I patted her head to help her calm down.

Inside the kitchen we quickly found what we were looking for.

Knock

Someone tried opening the door and now started knocking it.

When I opened it there were no people outside.

“Hey!” I looked in the direction of the call and saw Michael who was approaching from the hallway.

“What do you need?”

“I saw you coming outside of the hall and wanted to see if anything happened. Do you need my help?” I have no idea from since he became so amiable but…

“Then be so kind to boil us some water. We will wait outside.” It would be a sin to refuse his help, right?

The prince closed the door soon after we walked out of the kitchen and we headed outside.

We enjoyed the night’s cold breeze while the sounds of the party were an ambience for our own fun.

Ping

Something hit the back of my neck. I found a dart with some kind of a liquid there.

[It is time to fake my death?]

I fell down and Lilith shrieked. When she was kneeling near my ‘dead’ body I caught a glimpse of somebody approaching from behind her.

[Radar… lock on!]

The person has a dagger and clearly is not friendly. When they approached too closely I pulled out the stiletto and parried the attack.

AAAAA!!!” I pushed Lilith down.

What the…?!” The man was shocked to see I am perfectly fine.

Before I could react he rushed at me and pierced me. I wonder how I should tell Charlotte that her dress has holes in it.

Clink

I pushed him back but the attacker was too fast for me to react and I was constantly in defense while protecting Lilith with my armor.

Bang Bang

I discharged two 102 mm guns from point blank. After they hit, the result is obvious.

What… happened…?” (L)

More contacts!” I pushed Lilith down, even though she just sat on her knees.

I opened fire with everything at any target that showed up.

Tra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta Tra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta

When a long burst of oerlikon fire mowed a line of bushes where a lot of people ran, they scored lots of kills. A few of the attackers survived but it can be corrected.

If you won’t surrender, then you will be the ones who test the power of my main guns!” The attackers started running but the secondaries made short work of them. I picked a few wounded survivors. By this time the prince and all of the knights arrived to the scorched square.

Oh my, how nice of you to arrive so early~.” They managed to miss all action here.

“Who attacked you?” (M)

How nice of you to worry about our health.” I walked to one of the survivors.

“Who sent you and why?”

Do you think I will answer?!” The assassin requires an individual approach.

Bum

I guess .50 BMG should be enough to convince them. A flagstone block was shattered, so was the assassin’s stubbornness.

The client is anonymous but we know that the target is the crown prince’s fiancée.” (A)

“I would like to inform you that she is not his fiancée for an entire week already. You can tell me something else, or I will try asking your comrades? The one who answers more will walk away from here with escort, not carried away as a mess.” The assassins started thinking hard to remember something to avoid the worst outcome.

“I can tell where the headquarters of this operation are! There should be the information about the client as well!!!” One of them sold out everything.

I clenched my fists, it was the time for a payback. They dared hurting my friend and now I will let out my inner fury.

None of them will be left without some bruises.

4