V2 Ch 58. Requiem
361 26 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked to the river and launched a hydroplane. I tried launching one of them via the catapult but… the smoking pile reminds me that I failed.

In the area where the assassins’ headquarters should be I found a small mansion. Because of the weather conditions I can’t tell exactly what is there but I am sure that there should be no issues attacking it. Moreover, the mansion is located on a large field with no trees or obstacles on the way there. If somebody was to try sneaking inside…

[Yes, it is the best idea ever.]

“Michael, can I ask you a favor?”

Whatever you need.” (M)

“I want a lot of knights, enough to encircle a mansion. I found the assassins’ whereabouts and want your assistance punishing them.”

It’s not like I can refuse you…’ He murmured.

With this we started the execution of the plan ‘Smart-a*’.


I arrived to the mansion area using the waterway. I will infiltrate the mansion and find the information, then silently retreat. By that time the knights should encircle the mansion and the final showdown will begin.

While crossing the field I confirmed that there are patrols around but due to my master skills of sneaking, mostly called luck, I sneaked past the enemies and arrived right to the fence of the mansion.

Just like Jack Loan I invisibly hopped over the fence and started making my way inside.

The occasional patrols did not even try searching around and by using their idleness I started searching around the main building. That was quite a task, as almost every time I was near a room I had to hide from the guards. I don’t know why I feel like I tried it already? I almost succumbed to my desire to just walk like there are no guards but I withstood.

I searched the first and the second floors but to no avail. However, on the third floor I found a key. It must be the key to one of the side houses where the hideout is located.

I exited the room.

Wh…” Before the guard managed to squeak anything…

PUNCH

I ‘a bit’ overestimated my strength. Poor janitor will have to clean this bloody mess. Ooops?

Funny thing but every door to the side houses could be opened with this key. Neither of them contained anything valuable to me. The radar is dead and doubtfully would scan anything underground. I had to continue searching.


1 hour later.

The sky is starting to color itself crimson. I am yet to find anything in the side houses so I just started to snoop every nook and cranny of the main building. I just finished searching through one of the rooms on the first floor and sat on one of the stools.

‘Crrrrrr’

I turned around and saw that one of the walls disappeared. There was a door.

I have no idea how or why but it was the assassins’ real hideout. There were lots of documents and instead of reading them I just grabbed everything before their owners return.

Exfiltrating the mansion was easier then searching through but I still barely avoided the unnecessary attention. I climbed over the fence just in time, as the guards became alerted of my attendance.

By the time I started running through the field everybody knew that they had been attacked. Of course, it mattered little as I was already outside.


As I reached the knights’ circle in the forest I confirmed that the mansion is completely encircled and doubtfully any of the assassins could escape.

It was the time for the climax of my plan.

[‘Lyddite rain’, ‘Requiem’, ‘Memento Mori’.]

All guns were loaded with a substance which could turn ME into a crater. Either it is a miracle, or my luck glitched.

I fired main guns at the mansion.

BOOM BOOM

I overestimated the range.

BOOM BOOM

Two shots of lyddite landed on the edges of the mansion, resulting in two huge explosions.

BOOM BOOM

I shot too close…

BOOM BOOM

The shots landed right inside the main building. The resulting explosion turned it into a pile of rubble.

Ding

New achievement: fired full broadside of lyddite shells without exploding, 3 gold coins

New achievement: defeated the Elusive assassin of Karta guild

You received 14’’/50 Mk VIII Prototype (Replaces MG), 27 upgrade points, 10 copper coins, 40mm/56.3 Bofors Quadruple mount (Replaces Medium AA), 40mm/56.3 Bofors STAAG Mk I (Replaces Medium AA), 3 silver coins, 1 skill point


HMS Delight – BC. Mod - 1949. Upgrade progress – 7/10.

Accuracy – 30/100

Reload – 15/100

Recoil – 1/100

Machinery – 97/25

Guns – 50/25

Equipment – 97/25

Main guns (-25 to reliability of MG) 14''/50 Mk VIII Prototype. Loaded - 0/8. Firerate - 0.45/3. Range - 40 km.
Secondary guns 4''/45 Mk XIX. Loaded - 0/12. Firerate - 3/20. Range - 18 km.
Tertiary guns 3''/50 Mk 34. Loaded - 0/4. Firerate - 6.75/45. Range - 13 km.
AA guns

40mm/56.3 Bofors STAAG Mk I. Loaded - 16/16. (+10 accuracy and -25 reliability of Medium AA)

20mm Mk V Oerlikon. Loaded - 20/20.

.50 M2 Browning. Loaded - 8/8.

Requiem. Lvl 1. Memento Mori. Lvl 10. Lyddite rain. Lvl 5.
On activation: 10s reload for next salvo. The following salvo has 40s reload. Can be activated every 40s. On activation: -25% chance of breakdown and flash fire. When this ship is hit by an attack that would otherwise sink it: 25% chance to completely heal this ship. Duration: 30s. Can be activated every 2 minutes. On activation: Fires a salvo of HE Lyddite shells with higher chance to set fire on target and deal critical damage. Has 50% chance of critical malfunction.

 

2