‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 18.
333 11 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Self-employment

Right after we checked in the guild, my friends were called by the staff to the conference room. While they were there I waited outside.

The street was lively, almost like back at the port. People were walking and talking.

“Hey, girl. Are you waiting for someone?” A man approached me. The first thing I thought about him is that he is fat.

“Yes.”

“You are not very talkative, are you?” The fat man continued trying to start conversation with me.

“I see, you are not interested in talking. Then, would you be interested in doing business? Judging by that sword, you are an adventurer and I am looking for people who are capable of doing a very specific work. Are you interested?” (FM)

“Yes.” The others tell me that it is a good idea to search for new quests, especially when the reward is high. It is almost like the missions the admiralty issues.

“Good, very good. I want you to deliver me an orc fillet. It should be cut perfectly and delivered swiftly. I will give you a scheme. The marked parts are the ones that should be delivered. Cut them exactly how they are marked. I will pay only for the perfect meat. Any questions?” (FM)

“Where to find and to deliver.”

Good, no unnecessary questions. There should be an orc tribe deeper into the forest. Find them, cut the meat and deliver it to the restaurant. There is only one restaurant in the city so you will not have problem finding it. I am waiting. Hu-hu-hu…” The man disappeared in the crowd while I went to the forest.

2