V2 Ch 59. The return of a not-so-old friend
375 15 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the dust clouds from my firing were done settling, the knights around me had the scene of carnage unfold in front of them. While they were astonished by the sight, I retreated. It would be a shame if I would be stopped before I return to the academy as my precious Lilith must be suffering there without me.


Bang

I opened the door to Lilith’s room.

Instead of the girl desperately crying in sorrow I saw how Lilith and Charlotte were cheerfully laughing while Xera danced.

What the…?

“Hey, you’re just in time. How about you make us some tea? The ladies wanted to drink.” (X)

W-w… I mean… hey…!” My entire plan was ruined. All of my preparations to soothe her pain… are they all in vain?

Miiss Deliiight! Uuuu!!!” All of a sudden Lilith started crying.

What the hell is going on…?” Lilith stretched out her arms and showed that she wants a hug. I remained frozen in place.

Can anybody tell me what is happening?

“Well, don’t tell us that we did not give you a chance.” (X)

“???” Xera put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer.

Just imagine… you were attacked by a bunch of murderers… then your friend deals with them but you are still there, requiring help. And instead of comforting, the friend SUDDENLY DISAPPEARS TO HELL KNOWS WHERE. WHERE THE F* YOU WERE THIS ENTIRE NIGHT?!” (X)

Wa…!

If M’lady was not told to rest for today then she would already be in the middle of a lecture. Yet, you show you’re a* here only now and start to stir everything. Now that I am done lecturing you, go and hug M’lady.” She pushed me right into Lilith’s embrace. Lilith’s warm hands started petting my head.

[Who comforts whom…?]


Of course, soon enough I had to go and report to the principal. It would be weird if I were to ruin a lot of academy’s property and then would not have to explain myself.

As I was done testifying what happened and what I saw, minus the mansion’s spontaneous self-explosion, the officials started checking the evidence I found. Originally they wanted to do it in the capital but after I gently persuaded them with 356 mm harmless tubes they agreed to check everything required here, in my presence, and without taking away the papers.

After the greased wheels of bureaucracy were done working the officials returned my property and returned to wherever they came from.

Without having any additional need of staying at the principal’s office I headed to my room.


“Francis, why are you carrying so many trays?” Unexpectedly, my maid was running back and forth.

“Miss Evereyn paid you a visit while you were gone. I let her stay in your room. D-did I make a wrong decision…?” (F)

“No, no. Everything is fine. How is she?

“She searched through all of your clothes. As you ordered I made sure she will not open ‘that’ place.” (F)

“Thank you. Go rest, I will take care of everything myself.” She bowed and returned to her room.

I entered the room and saw how Lilith laid all of my clothes around.

Oh my, what could you be doing this late?

"Waah! Huu, don’t scare me like that.” She pouted.

“Should you not be going back to have some sleep?” I checked the clock and the time is really close to the night. I must’ve spent too much time giving my testimony.

Come on, let me have some fun.” She was still pouting.

“How is your fun related to my clothes?”

I… well… I thought if I sniff your clothes it will help me calm down.” Now she was fidgeting…

Erhm… well… okay… everyone has their tastes… This is surely not freaking me out.

“You misunderstood! It is just that your scent makes me… feel safe… You are always protecting me so I thought it will help me calm down so I can sleep…” (L)

“Everything is alright, nothing will happen to you, especially now that I am here.” I embraced her and caressed her head.

“Now, go to sleep. If something happens then I will come and help you~.” I feel like my smile is even tenderer than normally would be.

“I still can’t calm down. I am worried they will come again while I sleep…” (L)

“You don’t have a lot of options~. If you won’t go and fall asleep by yourself then your body will fall asleep by itself.”

No! I don’t want to! I will not go to sleep unless you sleep with me!” She started throwing a tantrum.

Oh-oh-oh. Well, I know one way to help you calm down.” I opened the cupboard.

Where did you get that from?” Lilith asked me with suspicion.

It does not matter.

Let me guess, you bought it with our money?” ‘Intense sweating

Haaa… you are insufferable…  Give me a cup…” She stretched out her hand and just after she got the cup with the liquor, she emptied it in one go. I followed her lead.

“One more.” (L)

An ‘oar…” (L)

Waves the cup

"I feel so liiight~! I Wanna have a fliight~!"

[Well, is it not the time to sleep…?]

2