‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 20.
287 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New horizon

After I returned to the city I quickly found my friends who were wandering around.

Look, Kuronami has returned!” (PF)

“I did.”

Where were you?! Do you even understand how worried we were after you disappeared?!” (F)

Guys, am I the only one who’s worried about that huge sack with blood dripping out of it…?” (MG)

“This? I was told to cut orc fillet.”

Oh, really? That’s great. So, what’s next? Killing a dragon…?” (PF)

“Is it necessary?” I wonder why they want to kill a dragon. Is it a new quest?

SHUT UP, DON’T GIVE HER MORE IDEAS.’ Everyone hissed at pretty face guy.

“I need to deliver it to a restaurant.”

What did we do to deserve such punishment…

After I found the destination I entered.

What can we do for you…?” The waiter was on alert.

“I am here to deliver the fillet.”

What do you…?” (W)

A!!! Here you are! I almost thought you died like the rest of those blockheads!” The fat man ran out of the kitchen.

“Now, show it to me!” (FM)

I handed him the sack which dragged him down on the floor the moment he took it. The man opened it and started checking the contents.

Hmmm…’ (FM)

“My payment.” I reminded him.

Now, now. Wait a bit.” (FM)

The man carefully examined each piece of meat. When he was done he looked at me and exclaimed.

“This should be sufficient. Not the perfect quality but good enough to work with.” I waited for the payment.

“You appear to be a useful assistant. How about I hire you to help me gather the required ingredients in exchange for being fed?” (FM)

This does not look like a fair deal!!!” (PF)

This does not have to be one. As long as I win the royal cooking contest we ALL are golden. Now, my assistant, follow me. I hope your hands are as precise as your sword is sharp.” The man led me to the kitchen.


Kuronami left the kitchen only a week later. The restaurant’s owner counted losses for a long time afterwards…

2