‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 24.
301 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The best chef

After few days of preparation the contest began. The fat man will be cooking while I will be providing him with the ingredients while occasionally helping him. I learned some techniques so I should be good enough.

A lot of people entered a large hall and stood in front of a stage. Three people entered the stage and faced us. Everyone kneeled.

That cat-kin is brave.

We will educate her, Your Majesty.

Not needed. Continue.

I have no idea what is going on but…

“Greetings to all contestants! This is the first royal cooking contest since the employment of my previous chef. He faithfully served me many years but time flows unsparingly. The winner of this contest will become the new chef of the royal palace and will be able to live in the palace with all their living expenses covered. Now, announce the first contest!” A man in a mantle finished his speech.

If you win, then you will eat everything you want all the time.’ (FM)

“The first contest is the appetizer. In every contest you will have 3 days to find your ingredients wherever you find them. All of you will be then cooking in this hall. You will only have 3 hours at most to finish cooking your dish. You can start searching for the ingredients now!” A man in white cloth also finished.

We stepped away from the main crowd.

“So, my assistant, I want you to find me the bellicose bindweed. Ask your friends where to find it and deliver me the core of its stem. Now, go. I will take care of the other ingredients.” (FM)

He-he-he… This will be the best salad in the world…” Why do I have a bad feeling about this…?

Announcement
Sorry for no chapters today. I had no time and the road home took me much longer than planned.
Why is KN needed to find the plant?
  • The plant is far away and she is fast. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The plant is poisonous and she is expendable. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The plant is protected by dangerous fauna and she is... well... Votes: 6 75.0%
  • The plant is carnivorous and she is expendable. Votes: 2 25.0%
  • The fat man is too lazy to buy it. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Feb 10, 2021 10:37 AM.
2