V2 Ch 67. Between two fires
274 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being kicked out I returned to the gathering. Charlotte was already there and was discussing something with Lilith. Xera was standing nearby and with her cold glare deterred everyone who wanted to eavesdrop.

“Hey, you two! Stop the argument, she returned.” (X)

“Indeed I returned. Why did those two start a catfight?”

None of your business. Even if I tell, you will not understand.” (X)

If you say so, Miss Bodyguard.

Thank you for collaboration.” She returned my mock and went somewhere.

I approached the now silent girls.

Charlotte looked at Lilith with a triumph while Lily gritted her teeth.

Oh my, do not hesitate to tell Big Sis what happened~. I will be oh-so-glad to help you sort out your problems~.

This… this is our own problem…” Lilith avoided looking into my eyes but Big Sis’ understanding face approached her by itself.

Oh, come on, Evereyn! Tell her~, tell her~, teeel~ her~.” Charlotte spitefully giggled at the scene of me chasing after Lilith’s eyesight.

NO!” Lilith ran away and hid in the crowd of people who decided to watch the show.

Oh my, I was a bit too insistent.

“I don’t think so. Miss Delight, how about we go and make sure nothing will happen?” After Charlotte mentioned it, I remembered that there might be more assassins. Unlike me, Lilith is a bit less armored. Just a tiny bit.


We found her very soon. She did not try to hide her tracks and just went outside to enjoy the night breeze. I sat near her and closed my eyes to enjoy the fresh air and the echoes of music.

 After some time I heard how the door opened and somebody approached us. I was expecting Charlotte but it was not her. A small figure flashed the glasses.

“Lilith, I will be away for a moment. Do not miss me.” She nodded and I followed the girl in glasses.

We stopped behind the corner, quite far away from the entrance.

“What did you want to tell me?”

I wanted to tell you? Were you not the one who constantly sticks nose into every affair?” The girl was annoyed and I wonder if it is because of me.

“Thee at each moment becometh annoy’d at which hour I am presenteth.”

Cut the crap, will you?” She fixed her glasses.

“Like now, for example.”

Imagine yourself a fool who keeps making the same mistake. You’re not funny. Also, I always wondered if you are blind. Oh… Never mind. I just wanted to tell you that you are too passive.” She stopped this conversation and went somewhere else.

[Just what does she want?]

Instead of thinking about what happened I just returned to Lilith. By the time I returned Charlotte also arrived.

“The garden behind the mansion is so beautiful. We absolutely must go there!” (C)

I want to sit here! This fountain is calming me down.” (L)

I said let’s go!” (C)

Don’t want to! Don’t want to!” (L)

You do not want to walk there?” I asked Lilith to make sure.

“Exactly!” She nodded.

UWAAAAH!!!” So I lifted her up and carried.

P-P-P-PUuuUT ME DOWN!” (L)


With Lilith in hands we arrived to the garden. As I started walking around I felt she became limp.

[With how red she is, it is no doubt that’s because she feels hot in this small room. Well, her embarrassed face looks so cute~.]

Charlotte stopped and turned towards me.

“Miss Delight, don’t you think that Evereyn needs to be…”

PING

Two flashes of light collided in a centimeter away from her neck. In less than a second I spotted a shadow that was going to strike and somehow managed to block the attack with the stiletto. Either it is a pure luck, or a coincidence.

Lilith had to be abandoned midair but before comforting the girl who hurt her butt, I need to make sure that the assassin is dealt with.

I leaped to strike but all of my attacks were parried. I opened fire with machine guns. From such a close range all of the hits

Ping-Pew-Ping

were deflected…?!

Before I managed to react the assassin flashed and I barely blocked the dagger. When I saw it I suddenly thought about tanto.

Even though I am a bit awkward with the stiletto, I started to push back my opponent, yet there was not enough space to open fire. As if the enemy understood why I am trying to break the distance, they approached me again and again.

Suddenly I saw an opening and kicked my opponent. Even though the attack was blocked, I both pushed them and myself which gave me enough distance.

Bu-bu-Tra-ta-bu-ta-ta-bum

I concentrated all available brownings and oerlikons to kill the enemy. From such a distance it was impossible to miss. Some bullets and shells bypassed the blocks and deflections of the enemy dagger and the assassin fell on the ground.

Not bad, kid.” Instead of dying, the assassin stood again and spoke with the shady girl’s voice. She removed the hood and indeed it was the girl in glasses.

1