‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 25.
259 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A dangerous salad

If the information my friends found is correct then the bindweed must grow somewhere in the forest of death. The name is too showy, it can only mean the people were too scared to research further.

On the way to find the required plant we had to go through very dense vegetation. I used the katana instead of machete. While it might damage the blade, I would not have to waste time and speed for swinging one of the low-quality swords the others carry.

After I cut our way through a large thicket I saw a ravel of green stems covered in large spikes and long narrow leaves.

When I tried approaching it I was grabbed.

DON’T YOU EVEN TRY GOING THERE! Do you see the dead bodies? Those animals did not die here only because they wanted to!” (PF)

When I looked around I saw that there are some bodies but they are far away from the plant itself. Nothing blocks my way so I did not reconsider my decision.

As I approached the plant I saw that some of the stems started creeping towards me. I stood in place and waited for them to approach. When they stretched out of the ravel far enough, I cut them away. The other stems started moving around chaotically.

I searched for the ones that are thick and long to cut them. I will peel them after I gather enough.

The remaining stems suddenly turned at me and tried attacking with their spikes.

Cut

Slice

Cut

With the initial gathering being over, I started peeling the stems.

I finished all of my work in the forest only by the nighttime. On the way back a few of the same plants tried attacking me but they only were turned into additional raw ingredients.

2