V2 Ch 68. The terror in the sea
279 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was very surprised to see that the girl in glasses was the assassin. Not to mention that I did no damage after firing from such a close range. She was smiling and giggling, even though we were fighting less than a minute ago.

You think I am weird? If I would be worried about the fight, I would not be standing here and waiting for you to stop being dumb.” [Just why does everybody try to…?]

“Why did you try to kill us?” That was the best question I could ask.

Did I? Do you think I am the assassin?” If not, then…

Behind those bushes, if you want to know it that much. I suggest you go there alone.” I followed her suggestion and peeked into the bushes. There was a disfigured body.

The girls looked at me, expecting to hear my verdict.

“You don’t want to know.” I glanced at the girl in glasses, she smirked and disappeared in the air.

[What…?]

Just what happened…?!” Lilith and Charlotte were as shocked as I am. Was this a magic or not?

Meanwhile, the mansion security arrived. We told them what we knew, except for the girl in glasses part, and went to Charlotte’s room. The party was already discontinued because of me and the gunshots so sitting in the bedroom was the only thing we could do.


When I remembered what the principal said about the assassinations situation, that the king might summon me again, I decided to take the proactive position and the four of us took a boat to the sea, where we will board the cruiser.

I am worried the king will refuse to help us.” (L)

“Do not worry.”

But I am just a baroness’ daughter.” (L)

“You forgot that we can abuse the prime minister’s daughter’s authority.” I looked at Charlotte.

Ho-ho-ho~! So, Evereyn, do you regret not being my follower?” (C)

Are you not just a mean of having our voices heard?” (L)

Stop it, you two. We are arriving.”

The fast sailboat arrived to the place and dropped its anchor. The ship was already on the horizon and started slowing down.

Charlotte’s face was becoming more and more distorted with fear and confusion. When the battlecruiser dropped its anchors nearby, Charlotte was having plate-sized eyes and her mouth was a gaping maw.

“Miss de Terehan looks as shocked as were we.” Xera giggled while she packed Lilith onto my neck. Xera will ride my back while the semi-unconscious Charlotte will have to be carried in my arms.

After transferring the luggage we set course to the capital.


The ship was steaming across the sea. Occasional boats and ships were giving the way to the leviathan ship. I was not worried about any kind of attacks. After all, the battlecruiser is just a less armored battleship.

I was not surprised to see that the girls started running around and climbing everything. There were some significant changes while they were away. Charlotte, however, was not with them and just stood in place in stupor.

The normally rowdy child is now silent as a statue of angel. She is a pretty angel when she is silent and standing. Because I myself had nothing to do, I tried moving her and after finding out she is like a doll, I picked her up and carried to the captain’s quarters. I will play with this big doll to my heart’s content.

Lilith’s POV

When I was done playing with the large metal boxes and tubes, I went to the fancy room to rest. And then I saw it…

Normally that annoying Charlotte only runs around and commands but recently she started approaching Miss Delight. This time, however, she crossed all the borders of common sense.

Charlotte was standing in the middle of the room only in her underwear. Miss Delight was standing near the bed and looking at a number of frilly dresses which she ordered from that atelier.

“Miss Delight, what are you doing?”

“Oh my, Lilith! You are just in time. Could you help me choose? I have no idea what kind of a dress I should try on my doll.” Miss Delight chirped while showing me the dresses. Every single person in the kingdom would try to contain the laughter after seeing those outdated relics of fashion but I could only sigh. I got used to her whims.

“Should you try the…” I looked at ‘the doll’. Just what kind of a dress would suit her the worst?

“… green one?” I cannot voice it but Miss Delight chose the color of vomit. Charlotte who previously stood like a doll and occasionally blinked, was now sweating a bit. I smiled at her.

“Should I leave you two alone~?” I wonder when she will be fed up with this play.

If you want to. I doubt I will be done trying all of the dresses until you come back.”

[Did she just… I wonder if she would want to have both of us…?]

[If that b* will try to leave me out then I will strangle her myself.]

Good luck to you~. Try all of the dresses~! Speaking of which~, how about we dress Miss de Terehan in one of them when we arrive?” Miss Delight perked up.

“What…” [‘kind of a dress’. I know you too well. If only you showed me your love in any way…]

“The green one you are holding. I can feel that Charlotte will be happy to wear it~.” Good~ luck~. Do~ not~ die~ of~ shame~. Hu-hu-hu-hu-hu…

The best waifu
  • Pure and innocent Lilith. Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Bossy crybaby Charlotte. Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Straight as a board Xera. Votes: 6 23.1%
Total voters: 26
1