V2 Ch 69 Yet again meeting the people of power
363 39 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We steamed for a few days and this time we arrived to the capital without unexpected adventures.

As I turned to enter the port a delegation arrived. A large number of warships were meeting us and some even started approaching closer than it is safe for them. I scared them a bit with the horn but did nothing else. It would be weird to just open fire within the port area.

When we were approaching the roadstead I saw a small cloud of smoke coming from a tower near the port. Then a small ‘bang’ came from one of the escorting ships. Neither of them was an actual shot so I guess it is a greeting.

I turned the main caliber towards the port, after all both shots were fired from there. Blank shots do not require the shells so there was a minimal chance of malfunction therefor I loaded all of the main guns and aimed them as low as I could.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The shockwave was smaller than normally but it was still enough to cause some waves. I looked at the escorting vessels when they stopped maneuvering all of a sudden. The faces of the sailors were showing only fear when they saw what the broadside looks like. It took me a lot of time waving the signal flags and flicking the spotlight to make them understand that there were no bad intentions.


Lilith and Xera were as lively as ever and even after all the time they spent here they were still exploring. This time they were barely stopped from climbing inside the scorching hot guns. Despite their excessive curiosity I am still at ease about them. However, there is a slight issue that keeps making me worried.

Even after four days of travel, Charlotte was still unresponsive. To make sure she will not hurt herself I had to lock her inside the captain’s quarters and every time I check on her, she remains lying on the bed without moving a centimeter.

“Lilith, can you dress the doll? We are going to get off the ship within an hour and it would be a shame to leave her locked.” When I can’t take care of Charlotte I send Lilith. She is happy to help me with this so it benefits both of us.

“Of course~.” Owww, she’s so sweet.

That b* won’t run away… Hu-hu-hu~.’ (L)

Did you say something?

“I was thinking. Would it be alright if I borrow some of the perfume?” (L)

“Do as you want.”

PFFUUUUU

When I turned around to see what happened, I saw a large smoke pillar coming out of the funnels. Well, I guess it is time to worry about another breakdown.

What the hell is this?!” Xera ran here the moment she saw the smoke.

“This is nothing important. I just have a fire inside the machinery compartment~.

Ah, okay. So, this is nothing to be worried about?” Let’s just say that if she knew what it means, she would be already inside a raft.

While I was opening the kingston valves to fill the fire extinguishing system, Lilith returned to see the scene of carnage.

Is this normal?

Yeah, get used to it.

[Is it me or I heard Charlotte’s voice? Bah, it must be a hallucination. I am too sleep-deprived.]

I safely delivered the tourist group to the solid ground. Xera is always fine with walking by herself, she must have some cat genes which would explain her behavior. Lilith, on the other hand, started throwing a tantrum when I decided to carry the doll around.

T-this is too inappropriate! Please, do not do this!” (L)

“Oh my, do you think there is another way of moving her?

“Yeah. Look here.” Xera picked her up and put her on a shoulder like a bag.

Well, it works too… Please do make sure to keep the skirt down.” I don’t want to be seen staring at her a*. I would have trouble keeping the muscle head knight at bay.


Considering it was not my first time visiting the palace I was not stopped. The king even agreed to meet us despite not having the meeting scheduled.

The place where we decided to discuss the reason of my arrival was the same guest room we occupied during the previous visit. At first the butler tried founding a thousand reasons to make us wait but after I pointed at the doll and mentioned her status, he quickly remembered that the king will have some time soon. Indeed, he did.

Just what in the world made you come here?” The king was a bit irritated to see me.

“Recently there were attempted assassinations and as you can guess I want to discuss the situation.”

What do you mean…? What assassinations…?!” (W)

“Just to make sure… Sir, do you happen to know about a small girl in glasses who is very arrogant?” I tried describing her, showing how high she is and everything. The king only shook his head.

Fine… Did anybody inform you about assassination attempts? Lilith and Charlotte were the victims as well.”

“I heard there was something like that but everyone reported that a certain someone purged the troublemakers and I did not receive any news ever since.” I happen to feel like he does not lie about it.

“Then you have no idea what is going on?”

“There is a thing at the back of my mind and it is related to the case you described.” Just why do I have that feeling that I am going to be dragged into another exciting adventure which I can avoid…?

2