V2 Ch 70. A dagger covered in sugar
294 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I heard that the king knows something related to the situation I was relived. I want to clear all of the obstacles and then settle down in a quiet place by the sea.

“I wonder what you know. Do you have an idea who ordered the assassinations?

“Yes. Not too long ago the most influential noble families were competing for my senile father’s throne. The civil war was barely prevented but the neighbors tried their best to bite off a piece of our land.” (W)

Thank you for the history lesson.

Can you stay silent until I finish? Recently the neighboring empire started raising troops and setting up garrisons on the border. It ‘coincidentally’ happened right after the assassination attempt that targeted your friend.” He pointed at Lilith.

“Is she related to the political matter?”

“Imagine yourself what would happen if the crown prince’s fiancée is murdered and her place becomes vacant. It will rapidly turn into civil war, and the army is already in place.” (W)

Smart.” If only I was not the issue for them. I wonder why nobody attacked me or Xera.

“Yet, it does not remove the question why the d… I mean why Miss de Terehan was dragged into this.”

That person only has one heir. Anything happens to her and the result is similar. All I voiced here is just a concern.” Wait a moment?

Are you saying it is a prelude to a military invasion and you are not going to do anything until the enemy attacks openly?

“Exactly as you said.” Well, morally it is questionable but politically it is justified. Perhaps I either become the softest of fluffs when it concerns my friends, or I do not see a bigger picture.

Can you do something to protect them?

From what I know they do not require any protection. Consider it a pardon for stealing from the royal family.”

Will you be staying here like a cowa…

Do not try. The decision is already made. I can only continue to put your pranks inside a folder and hide them away from the ministers.Oops?

Well, there is a way to change my mind and acquire a lot of support from me…” (W)

I am listening…” Is it to slay a great dragon, free a princess, bring an ancient artifact…?

“Marry Michael.” (W)

What the f* did you just say…?

“You are the only bride of questionably noble origin that remains.” (W)

Do you prefer the palace shelled with HE or my special, custom made lyddite shells?

Please, think about it! You will have all the money and support of the royal family! You will have your friends protected until the death bed! Power, influence, wealth, anything!” (W)

Lilith was casted aside the very moment a problem appeared.” I reminded about our last meeting.

And you participated in this, remember?” (W)
Okay, I have nothing to refute this one. Not that it will make me change my mind.”

The meeting was ended, for today, and we returned to the ship. Tomorrow we will be coming again.


When I woke up I felt someone cuddling to me. I was expecting Lilith but it was Charlotte. Oh, wait, the both of them are here pushing their chests against me. While I remember having Charlotte here, I also remember locking the door. Lilith somehow sneaked inside by herself.

“Rise and shine.” I woke her up.

Good morning.” She looked at me like a sleepy cat so I couldn’t help scratching her chin.

Mhm~…” (L)

I felt movement on the other side.

“Oh my, good morning. Have you finally awoken?” I looked at Charlotte.

Oh, yes~. She 'finally' woke up from her slumber.” (L)

“Don’t be mean to her, please.” As a sign of my protest I stopped scratching her chin.

Yes…” When she accepted the inevitable I continued petting her.

It did not take us long to return to the palace’s guest room.

Have you changed your mind?” The king sat near me.

About…?

“The ma…” (W)

Refused.

If you say so…” He returned to his usual place on the other side of the coffee table.

“Still, being a bride is not so bad.” (W)

No. Way. In. Hell.

At least pretend to think this through!” This old man really is desperate to find a wife for his son…

Can we return to a more pressing concern?

Which is…?” (W)

“Dealing with the assassinations. Like, they really start to make MY life troublesome.”

We are doing our best to ensure the safety of our subjects. Please, inform the local town guard office in case you feel…” (W)

FINE. WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE YOU DO SOMETHING?!

Oh, Young Lady, please, do be a bit more patient.” Why do I feel like the roles are reversed?

So…?

“You can help us in the war. Use your superior magic to make the empire surrender.” (W)

You decided to start a war?

“Oh, no, of course no. The Empire declared war yesterday. I came right from the meeting with their ambassador.” I was tricked…

Your answer, Miss Delight?

Should Delight participate in the war?
  • Main guns go BOOM. Votes: 4 50.0%
  • There are 2 (3) unattended girls who require delicate care and love... Maybe later? Votes: 4 50.0%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Feb 24, 2021 07:01 AM.
2