V2 Ch 74. The vultures
279 16 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilith’s POV

I was flying above the clouds in a winged machine. I got used to its shaking and rattling but I am yet to be used to its oppressive pushes when it is turning.

From the glass sides I can see the fluffy clouds and in the clears I can even see the water. Sometimes I even could see the tail of the plane that flew in front of us. If only my front view was not blocked…

Scout 2, report in.” I heard a male voice out of nowhere. Miss Delight said that when I hear a voice out of nowhere then I should use this magic box.

“Scout 2…? Erhm, here.”

Roger that. Scout 2, we are entering the search area so keep your eyes open and report if you find something.” (S1)

As the voice said I started attentively looking around. Soon my eyes grew tired of squinting and I decided to sit back and relax.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw something blink below the clouds.

Erhm… I believe I saw something.”

Give me the heading.” (S1)

What?

Where you saw what you saw?” (S1)

“Over there!” I pointed.

Haaa… To which side of you was the object?” (S1)

“To my left.”

Thank merciful Master, she can tell at least that much…I am sorry…?

The planes started banking to the left.

Over there!” I saw a glimpse between the clouds but the nose of the plane covered it.

The planes turned a bit to the right.

Scout 2, keep your eyes open in case we find something useful. Be advised, fuel is running out. We have only 20 minutes left until we return. Do you read me?” (S1)

“Got it!”


A few minutes later we entered thick clouds and I could not see anything further than the glass. The plane started flying up until it flew out of the cloud. We were now even higher than before and I could already feel getting cold.

Scout 2, be advised, we have 10 minutes left. We see nothing, what about you?” (S1)

The same clouds.

With each moment we had less chances of finding anything. Neither we found a land, nor any landmarks.

Alright… Scouts return home.” We turned around and flew back to Miss Delight.

[Those clouds… Why are they so fluffy and cute, yet so devilishly insidious.]

One again something glimpsed out of the corner of my eye but this time I am sure where I saw it.

I saw it! I saw it! We need to get down!

Roger that.” (S1)

We dived into the clouds and when we emerged I saw a huge city on the edge of the sea.

Holy s*! That’s something!” The voice was agitated and excited, so was I.


Charlotte’s POV

Base, this is Scout 1. We saw a large city in the search area. I suspect it is the target. It is located at: Square S-19, K-8, search area Bravo-Golf.

[Ha… It was… C-90, Cate, search area Bravo-Gulf?]

[When I tell that to Miss Delight she will no doubt praise me! But first, I need to remember what was said…]

When she came I told her everything.

Miss Delight! The magic box said the target is at T-Night, Gate. In scorch area Bravo-Calf.” [He-he-he! Now she will see how great I am!]

What the hell have they reported? Charlotte, are you sure you did not mistake?” She was sounding irritated…

I…

Scout flight, this is Base, report in.” She pulled the pipe out of my hands.

Base, this is Scout 1. We are returning home, ETA…” (S1)

What the f* have you spotted? Where and when?”  [She… S-she is angry…]

S-sorry Ma’am! We located the possible target! A city at: Square S-19, K-8. Search area is Bravo-Golf.” (S1)

[This is bad… This is bad, this is bad! This is really, really bad!]


Delight’s POV

“You will stay on the ship, unless Lilith decides to skip the second flight.” She had one task… One task!

Yesh…” I left her in the radio room and returned to the bridge. First things first, I need to plot the course.

According to the map the city should be within 80 nautical miles from here. If I risk it, I might even arrive this night. I decided that I will be starting the coastal bombardment at the dawn so I adjusted speed. While I will be going faster than the rest of the fleet, it will not be a problem.

After Lilith returned we all gathered in the captain’s quarters to discuss the strategy.

“This should be all for the intel and the overall plan. Now, about the assignments.

“I want to fly again!” (L)

“And you will, while Charlotte will be making herself useful by sitting in the radio room. Our basic course of radio operator’s duties will begin in the morning at 4 o’clock.”

Yesh…

My poor baby…’ The duke was almost weeping after looking at the girl’s disheartened expression.

“Your Grace will be at the bridge with me.”

WHY?!” (D)

“Because you are here to observe. Next, His Highness.”

“Tell me what to do!” Michael was eager for his assignment but I could not think of any. The latrines are all clean, after all.

“You will be at the secondary post. Your crash course will be at 4:30, right after I am done with Charlotte.” He saluted me.

Xera, do you want to do something exciting and perhaps even useful?

Absolutely.” (X)

“You will be operating the main rangefinder. Just follow His Highness’ steps and try not to make the same mistakes.

Ding

New achievement: survived the fight against G@&$#** &$ ^%@&$ @&$^@

You received 2 skill points, 10 silver coins, 1 retrofit token, 19 upgrade points, 1 repair kit


HMS Delight – BC. Mod – 1949, Retrofit progress: 1/2. Upgrade progress – 1/10.

Accuracy – 34/100

Reload – 40/100

Recoil – 5/100

Machinery – 97/25

Guns – 50/25

Equipment – 97/25

Main guns 14''/50 Mk IX. Loaded - 0/8. Firerate - 1.2/3. Range - 40 km.
Secondary guns 4''/45 Mk XIX. Loaded - 0/12. Firerate - 8/20. Range - 18 km.
Tertiary guns 3''/50 Mk 34. Loaded - 0/4. Firerate - 18/45. Range - 13 km.
AA guns

40mm/56.3 Bofors STAAG Mk II. Loaded - 16/16. (+10 to accuracy of Medium AA)

20mm Mk V Oerlikon. Loaded - 20/20.

.50 M2 Browning. Loaded - 8/8.

Requiem. Lvl 1. Memento Mori. Lvl 10. Lyddite rain. Lvl 7.
On activation: 10s reload for next salvo. The following salvo has 40s reload. Can be activated every 40s. On activation: -25% chance of breakdown and flash fire. When this ship is hit by an attack that would otherwise sink it: 25% chance to completely heal this ship. Duration: 30s. Can be activated every 2 minutes. On activation: Fires a salvo of HE Lyddite shells with higher chance to set fire on target and deal critical damage. Has 34% chance of critical malfunction.
4