V2 Ch 75. T minus 20 minutes
351 39 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With loud coughing two engines started up and soon roared. Two scout hydroplanes accelerated and disappeared in the distance.

“All stations, we are accelerating.” I set ‘Full ahead’ and after a ring the ship leisurely steamed forward.

“Radio, report.”

Lilith says everything is fine.” (C)

“Secondary tower?”

A bit smoky but other than that, everything is fine.” (M)

“Main rangefinder?”

Is it fine? Like, it wobbles here all the time!” (X)

“Supervisor?” I turned to the duke.

“What are you going to do if you end up overwhelmed? The main fleet is far behind, after all.” (D)

“It will be alright. Also, I suggest you do not step outside.”

Why?” He was confused by my request.

“You will become deaf if you stay there when the firefight begins.”

If you say so…” He did not try to argue.

In ten minutes time we were already steaming at 30 knots.


Lilith’s POV

This time we found the empire’s capital very fast.

Our task is to find anything worthy of Miss Delight’s power. Most of the work was done by the other plane so I was enjoying the sight.

Subarea C-C, a fortress. H-B and I-B appear to be a governmental structure. The port is filled with ships. Cannot tell what they are. Over.” (S1)

After a closer look at the port I understood why the empire was said to have the most powerful fleet. Long lines of battleships and galleys were stationed at the roadstead, yet there is something missing…

Scout 2, stop daydreaming!” (S1)

Yes! Erhm, Charlotte, are you there?

Yes.” (C)

“Tell Miss Delight that the majority of the enemy fleet is here. There are battleships, more than 30, and there are countless galleys.”

Got it!” (C)


Delight’s POV

All hands, man the battlestations!” It was time for the fight. We are in 30 naval miles so it is time to prepare. The speed was decreased to 24 knots and the guns are now loading.

All of the radars were dead so I will only be corrected by the scouts.

Get ready! We are about to start!

I bought technical inspection which lowers my malfunction chances by 25% and prepared to spend a ton of money to buy repair kits.

X turret had a jam, luckily it was quickly solved by the damage control. They even managed to return the radars back to life.

Let’s drop some lead on those motherf…

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM


Lilith’s POV

In a distance I saw a pillar of smoke and the planes set course to the port where they started to circle.

Got it. Scout 2, get ready.” (S1)

[What is going on?]

Boom Pum Pum

Pum

BOOM

Pum Pum Pum

Base, spread nominal. Two ships were hit. Over.


The duke’s POV

Spread nominal. Two ships were hit.” My baby’s voice was coming seemingly out of nowhere. I looked at the bride to-be and she was looking proud of herself.

Firing!” I closed my ears to protect myself from the thunderous sound.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The entire ship was shaken and for a second I almost saw the bottom of the sea. Eight huge pipes fell down and in a minute rose again.

Angle correction, 7’ to the south-west. One target was torn apart, the rest missed. I hope you will be happy with your choice…


Xera’s POV

In a distance I barely saw the tops of masts of some merchant ships.

Firing!” I grabbed something and then the ship shook.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

I only saw some blue traces flying over the horizon.


Michael’s POV

Firing!” I closed my ears before the guns fired.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

[Is that it?]

BOOM

MY EARS!

Sorry for the delay, the repairs were a bit late.


Lilith’s POV

Base, they went everywhere! A few near-hits but other than that no damage. The enemy ships are setting up the sails, they are not moving yet but soon they will! Over.” (S1)

The pillar of smoke was slowly approaching and every couple of minutes the water near the ships was shooting upwards.

Pum Pum

Pum Pum Pum Pum

Pum Pum

Miss Delight! Come on, you can do it!

Evereyn! Don’t shout that to ME!” (C)

Sorry! No hits! It was super inaccurate!”

Aha… Next salvo incoming, she said!” (C)

Pum

Boom Pum Pum

Pum Pum Pum

BOOM

Base, spread nominal. One target is straddled and one was torn apart! Over.” (S1)

Roger that, we entered the visual range. Over…?” (C)


Xera’s POV

Erhm… it is… 18000 yards…? What’s dat?

Got it. Firing 4 inchers!

BANG BANG BANG

Hits are before the target. Erhm… try… 18500 yards…?

BANG BANG BANG

I saw splashes around the target and some fire.

We hit it!

Got it. Good work.” Well, she at least knows how to thank for the hard work.

BANG BANG BANG

Good hits!

Good measurements! Are we ready to fire the main dish?

What…?” The hell she’s talking about? Bah, whatever. What’s the range?

Erhm… 17500 yards…?

BANG BANG BANG

Good hits!

Firing!” I grabbed a pipe before it’s too late.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Is Delight accurate?
  • She is! 12% of hits! Votes: 10 32.3%
  • She is not! She could be more accurate! Votes: 7 22.6%
  • She is not! It is just 12% of hits! Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Just a random answer that battleships have generally low accuracy... Votes: 13 41.9%
Total voters: 31
3